• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Released Indycar 1993 Skins for GSC2012

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme Mods' started by Keith Windsor, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +598
    This is a set of skins for the Formula Classics in Game Stock Car 2012. Please see readme file included for installation instructions. I know they are not identical to the originals, nor are they perfect - it was difficult to find enough pictures for some of the cars, and I had no luck at all finding a picture of Jeff Woods helmet, but they are hopefully still a close representation of the 1993 season. I made them for my own offline season & I'm happy with how they've turned out, but I thought others might like to use them, so here they are :) There is also a set of talent files, they seem to work pretty well, but feel free to edit them to your own tastes. I was asked to include a skin for the 1992 Indycar that Ayrton Senna tested, but honestly, it was actually Emersons car from 92 and it is almost completely identical to the #4 Penske which is in this set, so it was not worth duplicating it.

Indycar 1993 Skins for GSC2012

andrettipreview.jpg

indymontage.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jebus

Jebus

Ratings:
    +505
    Sweet! Gonna try them asap. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jebus

Jebus

Ratings:
    +505
    Looks very good ingame too. My new favourites. Thanks again for your hard work Keith.

4. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +598
    No problem, I'm happy if they are useful to anyone else. One or two of them are a bit too shiny, as I cannot seem to master the alpha layer, but overall they look ok :) And there are some good circuits in the game to make an Indy season :)

5. Tommi-TAG

Tommi-TAG

Ratings:
    +364
    Nice work, Keith !
    Formula Classics' shape looks very good with IndyCars too :)

6. Marc Reid

Marc Reid
    Premium

Ratings:
    +14
    This brings back good memories of my back in the day sim-racing times, deff going to create a championship with these, thx :thumbsup:

7. Kurei

Kurei

Ratings:
    +43
    I realize that this skinpack is a few years old, let alone the subject of mid90's Indycar, but before I go and try it, I take it these won't be compatible with GSCE? - now that the game itself is changed a bit on the code-level.

I'm asking because I'm on a Indy/CART binge, and I saw this mod over in the downloads section, and I'd like to run around in a few old skins for old-time's sake.

Otherwise, what are the odds of seeing a GSCE CART 1995 version ? ;)

8. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +598
    Not sure if they will work with the current version, it is a while since I made these. Worth a try though - use a mod manager and then you can easily install and remove them if they don't work.
    I hope to update them for the latest version but I'm not sure when I will get time, I am currently preparing a 1988 F1 skins mod. :)

• Like Like x 1