rF2 Indy Car @ Sonoma Raceway - Wed 15th Oct

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
We have to be safe on the last braking zone: too much on the left and it's direct into the wall !
In fact, just be on the right of the left barrier is dangerous, with a possibility of bumping on invisible bump (we will surely ear the bodywork clap on the ground) ! :O_o:

And in the left-handed just before, we will probably have a cut-track notification if we run wide, and also here with a dangerous exit right into the wall ! :p

JeffL

Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good.
I am having same problems I had at league race other day. Running 60 fps but bad jitters, tested last night but no problems. With other cars on track its bad jitters. So I obviously it's wasn't the track. I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with internet connection. My research will now send me in that direction. If anybody has any suggestions It would be greatly appreciated. Also I was Dq in practice, not sure why. For now I must sign out.

Sorry about not making it to the end. I ended up getting hit by a bug I thought I'd seen the last of, where rF2 dropped suddenly to about 1 frame per 5-10 seconds. Not exactly race safe, so I just rushed to kill the process and hope rF2 swept my car out of the away.

Ah well. Thanks for the race guys, was fun while it lasted. :)

This one of those cars and tracks that you just want to keep lapping and going and going, Good fun and good racing with Bela and Gijs and the rest who turned up, but I pushed too hard on the fast 2nd to last turn on worn tyres and smacked into the tyre wall, car felt really strange but no damage showed so I thought I might have a puncture but I had to spend 179 seconds getting repaired, I came back out for the last few laps because it was so much fun.

Well, I think that's the closest I've ever been to rage-quitting.

Had a fairly good start and was at the back of the lead pack, just as a break formed. Then, on lap two a few people ahead managed to tangle in the very fast twisty stuff coming back towards the pits. I got slightly tagged, and went into the wall, losing my front wing as well as other damage. Whatever.

But after that the car just didn't feel the same, even after two pit stops for "repair all". This meant I couldn't regain my own composure either. I was all over the place and unable to put a tidy lap together, even when trying to take it easy. Did plenty of further damage in the effort.

I hated every minute of that race after lap 2. Only my determination to maintain my personal record of always reaching the finish made me continue. No blame or anger at anyone, just hugely annoyed and frustrated.

This car/track combo is awesome and super fast. I made two mistakes, both times I was looking at my HUD on the right/bottom corner and that's it, 1 sec of inattention... :D btw from lap 4 or 5 my car was damaged on the right front (I went into a wall), the steering was a bit off but somehow my car didn't lose speed. :D it's a pity the racing wasn't closer because of my mistakes.
Thanks guys.
Btw this was the first time ever I played rF2 online. I WANT MORE! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Yep, that was my second mistake. :D it didn't cause me any damage somehow.
I recorded the whole race, I'm gonna upload it to my youtube channel if anybody interested. I commented in Hungarian so you won't really understand it... :D I just would like to know how can I add my youtube channel to my profile, because the url doesn't work.

Well without any practice with this car/track combo i had a hard time connecting with it. Only on the last 5 minutes i started to feel more confident and my pace wasn't that bad.

Until then it was a hard race trying to learn all the braking points and lines and at the same time staying on the track. i had a few incidents and a pitstop to fix the damage but never gave up and still had fun. ;)

Thanks to all. :thumbsup:

Sorry I missed the race. I've not been playing much rFactor lately and I completely forgot to join up. Hopefully the track will be used again for another race (hopefully with the civic) *wink wink*

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000