rF2 Indy Car @ Sao Paulo - Mon 3rd Nov

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
When practising on the server does the rubber just keep building up throughout the day? When I went on for the first time a little while ago I was suddenly a second faster than offline. If so, will it also be like that for quali or do we start from a green track?

Yea, same here David, it was like the track is at max grip from the get go.

It will build up during a session, how much depends on the settings Gijs chooses.
he can for example start with some rubber (he has stated in the op that the track will be rubbered) or a lot and can select say X5 for realroad accelleration of evolution/rubbering-in.

The track can like real life evolve even through a quali session and be fastest for the last guy lapping.

When practising on the server does the rubber just keep building up throughout the day? When I went on for the first time a little while ago I was suddenly a second faster than offline. If so, will it also be like that for quali or do we start from a green track?

Yes, the rubber track keeps evolving and changing in a continuos loop. :)
What happens on the server stays on the server. ;)

If it rains the rubber will degrade, but not to a complete green track. In real live a "green" track does not exist.

A bad race for me: sorry for those who hurt me in the 2nd sector but when David O'Reilly couldn't stop to join the race, left the race etc my game went crazy by cutting the animation every 4 seconds !
It was unplayable.

Was having a really enjoyable race, It was so intense I was chasing a car lap after lap I don't even know who it was, then almost half way through just after David left the game terrible lag hit me and from being near the pit lane entrance from nowhere I was at the end of the pit straight behind Jozsef and I hit him up the rear,. really sorry mate but I warped back in and could do nothing, I had to quit because the lag was freezing my game every 2 seconds, I have a good connection about 50mb on BT fibre and don't usually have any problems, anyone else have lag tonight ?

Just about everything that could go wrong went wrong for me.

On the formation lap Nicolas was slower to his slot than I expected and I had to brake but did not get to the clutch on time, so stalled on the grid. Started from the pitlane, waiting at the end of the train to pass, then I ended up tucked up behind Marcel, faster but struggling to pass and having a good battle. Then after a few laps someone was spinning in one of the many number 10 Ganassi cars on the straight after turn three, not sure what happened but I took evasive action and lost my front wing and spun.

I crawled back to the pits with no front wing, thinking I would fuel up and switch to the hard tyre and see what happens, only to realise you can't change to the hard tyre mid race, so went out full of fuel on a new set.

Running last, I came to pass Luis Ferreira and just as I passed him rfactor 2 crashed to desktop!

I then rejoined, 3 laps down, and tried to go back out only to find that it put me i a pit box where someone else's car was parked and my car exploded and I was finally out!

LOL! Lessons learned I guess, and fun while it lasted. The CTD was a concern though. But i am very keen to race this car again soon.

Pretty good race for me. I usually don't do too well in the modern openwheelers, but didn't even spin this time.

Nicolas hit me with his lag issues although I could drive on without losing too much time.

Martin, I believe it was me who you were chasing.

I had a great qualifying session, setting a personal best by a long way with a 1:13.9. So much grip out there. That was good for 7th or 9th I think. Definitely the left side of the grid.

There was a bit of confusion on the formation lap and Jon's problem left him stalled in my grid slot but he ghosted away to the pitlane so I was fine. I got a decent start, losing only 1 or 2 places in the first couple of corners. I was trying to be very cautious. I didn't really care about maintaining position, just wanted to keep my car in one piece and have fun racing.

Through the first two corners of lap 2 I hit some trouble and I got spun around onto the grass in confusing circumstances and came back onto track in last place (I think) behind Jon. Not too bothered though. No damage so happy to keep racing. Made up a bunch of places in the next few laps, mostly through people crashing ahead of me. There was one very big crash on the straight between T3 and T4. I only just managed to avoid by going off track through a metre marker. And then the race ended for me on lap 10 when a huge amount of lag kicked in and so I pulled off and retired. And then the game crashed on me shortly after so I couldn't even spectate. I'd love to have a replay if someone could send me one. davecook87@hotmail.com or PM me a link if you can.

Great fun though for my first rF2 race. Looking forward to Wednesday's race.

EDIT: And many thanks to @David O'Reilly who has helped me ease into rF2 without pulling my hair out and for helping me with setup for this race.

LOL. Me, Eugene and Lionel have been close all year no matter what, trend continued tonight.

One of the most fun races I've had all year. :thumbsup:

Special mention to Delamare, who gave me a great battle for many laps.

I had a great qualifying session, setting a personal best by a long way with a 1:13.9. So much grip out there. That was good for 7th or 9th I think. Definitely the left side of the grid.

Left side of the grid was evens, if you were behind me then you would have been in eighth. i qualified in sixth, didn't work out a qualifying setup at all but was happy enough.

There was a bit of confusion on the formation lap and Jon's problem left him stalled in my grid slot but he ghosted away to the pitlane so I was fine.

Yea, sorry about that, i spent a bit of time looking for the "wave hands in air frantically" button before hitting escape! I think the uphill grid caught me out a bit and i let the revs drop too much and stalled.

Through the first two corners of lap 2 I hit some trouble and I got spun around onto the grass in confusing circumstances and came back onto track in last place (I think) behind Jon. Not too bothered though. No damage so happy to keep racing. Made up a bunch of places in the next few laps, mostly through people crashing ahead of me.

You weren't quite last, i think a couple of other spinners had dropped away by then too.

There was one very big crash on the straight between T3 and T4. I only just managed to avoid by going off track through a metre marker. And then the race ended for me on lap 10 when a huge amount of lag kicked in and so I pulled off and retired. And then the game crashed on me shortly after so I couldn't even spectate. I'd love to have a replay if someone could send me one. davecook87@hotmail.com or PM me a link if you can.

If you do get a replay i would like to see it too. That strange crash on the exit of T3 took me out and I would kind of like to see what happened. I also managed to get a penalty for speeding in the pits when I came in to replace my nose, so had a couple of trips down pit lane before the sim crashed completely (hence no replay saved). Like i say, what could go wrong, went wrong. Had some good practice runs though!

EDIT: And many thanks to @David O'Reilly who has helped me ease into rF2 without pulling my hair out and for helping me with setup for this race.

I'll second that, thanks @David O'Reilly for the baseline setup to work from, i didn't have enough time this week to work on one myself. At least now I have a reasonable base for other tracks too.

A few questions for those that managed to get a race in:

1. Did the top three pit for new tyres during the race or were you able top make the softs last for 25 laps?

2. Did anyone run with drivers aids such as TCS, ABS, auto clutch? I also notice fully automatic shifting was allowed on the server. Most of the people I followed seemed to have lock ups and were getting sideways on power so I guess most were running without TCS or ABS.

A few questions for those that managed to get a race in:

1. Did the top three pit for new tyres during the race or were you able top make the softs last for 25 laps?

Certainly.

No, I did a stint with 25 litres - FL + 13 Laps - on "Alternates", and then another 13 lap stint on the same tire. The other tire was just useless in the middle sector.

2. Did anyone run with drivers aids such as TCS, ABS, auto clutch? I also notice fully automatic shifting was allowed on the server. Most of the people I followed seemed to have lock ups and were getting sideways on power so I guess most were running without TCS or ABS.

The only assist I had on, as always, was auto clutch. Knowing Lionel and Eugene, they certainly didn't have auto gears on. For the other assists for them, I'm unsure.

Such a shame for Eugene to get a stop/go penalty in the pits. He was raping us badly, and we had no choice but to roll over and weep. :ninja:

Very sorry to hear about the lag. That probably explains how Delamare was just ahead of me in turn 2, and exiting turn 3 he was suddenly behind me, with no overtakes whatsoever. I was kinda glad though, because then I was able to chase Lionel, and almost got him. But he had some Vettel wings on there, was never gonna pass him unless he made a mistake.

No, I did a stint with 25 litres - FL + 13 Laps - on "Alternates", and then another 13 lap stint on the same tire. The other tire was just useless in the middle sector.

Yep, that was exactly my strategy, though I miscalculated for the parade lap and may have had to pit on lap 12. I was able to run high 1.13's in practice on a race simulation like this, so I guess I could have been in for an okay result. I was able to run with @Lionel Klue in practice. Had quite a fun battle with him in practice in fact :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years