indy car mod?

hey guys,
watched the indycar series last night and thought "this could be a gtr evo mod". sure there is none so wandered if someone would take the challenge of creating this mod. i thought you could use a honda f1 motor with a changed f300 chasis using the chasis format of the dallara (showed on indycar.com) but i could be wrong. and i don't know if it has to be converted from a game. anyone think this can happen?

So we have a Permission for Convert the Indy Mod from rFactor to GTR-Evo but our Modder is verry ill he has Problems with his Eyes and must get an Operation.
So we cant say if we can Released the Mod.
When a somebody have Time and can make this Mode please send me an E-mail or PM.

Greets R-oi

No, F1 Cars dont top the 360 KPH!
Indycars can drive more than 380KPH!!!
But Indycars have got much less downforce than F1, so on Permanent circuits, the are much slower!

But Indycars have got much less downforce than F1, so on Permanent circuits, the are much slower!

But if an F1 car did run on an oval, it could reduce its downforce and get a higher top speed. Given the higher power and lighter weight, I'd put money on the F1 car going faster.

yeah i been to a practice of the honda grand prix of st. pete in 08 since i live there and they don't seem really fast but a oval they really take off. to me they're faster than f1 down the oval but not road course. like to see a f1 vs indy car race at daytona. man would that be crazy... crazily dangerous

R-oi, so you have permission, but not the modder? If so, I would look at the car... Normally I can get a single car in-game in an hour or two, than all the little bits takes some time + getting the physics to work as desired on Evo...

But if an F1 car did run on an oval, it could reduce its downforce and get a higher top speed. Given the higher power and lighter weight, I'd put money on the F1 car going faster.

NO WAY MAN
If they would reduce their downfore to minimum, the would not reach more than 360 KPH!
The Topspeed of an F1 Car was Montoya in 2005, with 372,6 KPH on a saltsea, with no downforce.
And you have to remember, in 2005 the F1 had 3 Litres V10 with about 860BHP.
Today the have 2.4 Litres V8 and under 800BHP!
So they will not event top 370 these days ;)

Why on earth would you want ovals and indy cars in GTR Evo when there is tons of stuff already in rFactor and some outstanding oval games such as ARCA?

bram there's ovals and good road courses in gtr evo aswell. rfactor has indy and a couple f1 cars. just because we don't have many ovals doesn't mean we can't have indycar. besides indy can run a lot more tracks than f1 because they're smaller and aceleration and handling is better. just because rfactor has it doesn't mean gtr evo can't

@austin
tracks in the game that i think would be good to race nascar/indycar on and i have atm [including mods]
puebla oval
watkins glen
curitiba oval
fuji '70
rockingham
kw speedway
magny cours club
silverstone national
70daytona
norisring
haiki forest
monza 10k
70monza
70kayalami

the list goes on so i recon that the mods would work very well if they ever get released tbh

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 201 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.4%