Indy Car at Phoenix

The series is going back to the Phoenix oval track this weekend for the first time in years.

Roger Penske voiced some concerns over the "crazy" amount of downforce in the short oval package (over 6000 lbs. I believe:confused:.) He mentioned Montoya's suspension failure last season and seems to have some concerns.

I do know they tested around 190 m.p.h. which is pretty fast for a short oval. Hopefully it will be a competitive and safe race.

I hope our concerns are misplaced. I don't know if they will be flat out or not. Phoenix has an interesting layout, so we'll have to wait and see.

I think its a safe bet the Chevy's are going to dominate the race. Also, I can't believe Castroneves was nearly one mph faster than the second place qualifier.

I think its a safe bet the Chevy's are going to dominate the race. Also, I can't believe Castroneves was nearly one mph faster than the second place qualifier.

It will be interesting to see what happens during the race tonight. Two of the older guys on the front row, probably because of their oval track experience. I hope it's a good race and also a safe one.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back