1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Indy 8 - IndyCar Grand Prix at The Glen - Watkins Glen GP - 7/23/16; 9:45pm GMT

Discussion in 'Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series' started by Rob, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

[​IMG]
    by
    RACEDEPARTMENT
    presents
    The IndyCar Grand Prix at The Glen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Initially, public roads in the village were used for the race course. In 1956 a permanent circuit for the race was built. The circuit's current layout has more or less been the same since 1971, although a chicane was installed at the uphill Esses in 1975 to slow cars through these corners, where there was a fatality during practice at the 1973 United States Grand Prix. The chicane was removed in 1985, but another chicane called the "Inner Loop" was installed in 1992 after a fatal accident during the previous year's NASCAR Winston Cup event. The circuit is known as the Mecca of North American road racing and is a very popular venue among drivers.
    Car: 2014 INDYCAR with [​IMG] Chassis
    Date: July 23, 2016
    Laps: 30
    Host:
    OctoberDusk06 or Hammerpgh
    Day: Saturday
    Start Time: 5:45pm U.S. Eastern; 10:45pm BST; 9:45pm GMT (start of practice)
    Damage: ON
    Mechanical Failures: ON
    Tire Wear: 3X
    Fuel Usage: NORMAL
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Auto Start Engine: YES
    View: IN CAR is encouraged, but not mandatory
    Assists: NONE
    Weather: http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USNY1528
    In Game Start: 1pm; local
    Time Progression: 2x

15 min. practice, followed by a 15 min. qualifying session, a 5 min. warmup, then race
    Fuel Capacity: Driver Choice
    Setup: Driver Choice
    Teams and Drivers - Drivers must not run the same number or livery unless unavoidable. First come, first served. Teams of two are permitted but no more than two.

Reminder to: @Gustavo Sobrino @Robert Waddell @mcnasty1 @EpilepticToast @JeizUs @ABalazs_97 @Michael Watts @Braken99 @suddre @Matthew Booth @Peter Hooper

[​IMG]

Please Sign Up Below In The Example Format:
    1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / #5 (Schmidt-Peterson)
    2. Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / #3
    3. Peter Hooper\Hammerpgh\Brookes Automotive #7

Championship Points:
    The INDYCAR Championship will awards points* as follows: 1st 50, 2nd 40, 3rd 35, 4th 32, 5th 30, 6th 28, 7th 26, 8th 24, 9th 22, 10th 20, 11th 19, 12th 18, 13th 17, 14th 16,, 15th 15, 16th 14.*
    * Pole position for each race (except Mojave and Nurburg) will earn three points.

Penalties and Appeals
    All drivers who participate agree to adhere to the standards of driving that are outlined in the league regulations. In addition, the league rules, the racing rules of this website www.racedepartment.com apply here as well, and will preempt the league rules when the two conflict. They are incorporated by reference.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  2. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Eric cline McNasty0421#3

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob

Rob

Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / #5

4. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Lol I just saw watched that lap on iracings you tube

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob

Rob

You mean there is a virtual Watkins Glen race?

6. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Stewart was practicing in the Williams car on iracing in prep for that lewis Hamilton seat swap

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. Don't know why this one passed me by.

I'll race it if I am home but am at a wedding on Saturday so i'm afraid I can't say with any certainty that i'll be there.

Peter Hooper\Hammerpgh\Brookes Automotive #7

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm afraid I will not be there as I am going to be at my local track all day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OK buddy, just thought I would check. There's races on each of the following two weeks as well though so bear those in mind if you are free :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rob

Rob

@mcnasty1 I assume you are out? I'm guessing you probably want to conserve your wheel? I probably would. And I know that Silverstone race will be a big one. @Peter Hooper I think you said you were 50/50? What say we just run some F1 practice instead? I can be on later or earlier.

11. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Yea I have to stay late at work anyhow.

12. Rob

Rob

Alright. I'll try to get on later, around 5-6pm? Maybe some F1 or pCARS.

13. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Yeah nan sounds good

14. Didn't get back from wedding in time. I saw earlier that the race was cancelled so didn't rush away like I planned. Did you guys get together for any practice?

Maybe run this one next week and @Dallas Pataska could be available for it?

15. Can't make it don't finish work til 10pm and wouldn't be able to get on til 11 at earliest.

16. We could do a later start if others can make it as well?

17. Rob

Rob

Not sure who is up for this. I can do this race or F1 practice. August just may be the best two releases we have seen yet, but it will be hard to beat DiRT and pCARS.

18. Stuck with the spider wheel at my parents place this weekend lol... might be down to join this epic combo tomorrow depending on the time though. Nowhere near as fast with this thing!