1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indy 6 - The Palm at Atlantis Grand Prix - Dubai Autodrome GP; 6/4/16; 9:45pm GMT

Discussion in 'Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series' started by Rob, May 31, 2016.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

[​IMG]
    by
    RACEDEPARTMENT
    presents
    The Palm at Atlantis Grand Prix

at
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Dubai Autodrome is an FIA sanctioned 5.39 km motorsports circuit located in Dubailand, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Opened in October 2004 with the final round of the LG Super Racing Weekend featuring the final rounds of the FIA GT Championship, European Touring Car Championship and 2004 Formula Renault V6 Eurocup, Dubai Autodrome. The track record at the longest configuration was set by Kanui Kobayashi (DAMS) with a time of 1:41.220 in a GP2 Asia car. Since 2006 the Autodrome has been home to the Dubai 24 Hour. Some of the world’s most famous drivers have driven competitively or visited the circuit including the likes of Michael Schumacher, Jacques Villeneuve, Kimi Raikkonen, Johnny Herbert, Jean Alesi, Fernando Alonso, Jenson Button, Nelson Piquet, Romain Grosjean, Sergio Perez, Nico Hulkenberg, to name some.
    Car: 2014 INDYCAR with [​IMG] Chassis
    Date: June 4, 2016
    Laps: 25
    Host:
    OctoberDusk06 or Hammerpgh
    Day: Saturday
    Start Time: 5:45pm U.S. Eastern; 10:45pm BST; 9:45pm GMT (start of practice)
    Damage: ON
    Mechanical Failures: ON
    Tire Wear: 3X
    Fuel Usage: NORMAL
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Auto Start Engine: YES
    View: IN CAR is encouraged, but not mandatory
    Assists: NONE
    Weather: http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=AEXX0004
    In Game Start: 1pm; local
    Time Progression: 2x

15 min. practice, followed by a 15 min. qualifying session, a 5 min. warmup, then race
    Fuel Capacity: Driver Choice
    Setup: Driver Choice
    Teams and Drivers - Drivers must not run the same number or livery unless unavoidable. First come, first served. Teams of two are permitted but no more than two.

Reminder to: @Gustavo Sobrino @Robert Waddell @mcnasty1 @EpilepticToast @JeizUs @ABalazs_97 @Michael Watts @Braken99 @suddre @Matthew Booth @Peter Hooper

[​IMG]

Please Sign Up Below In The Example Format:
    1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / #5 (Schmidt-Peterson)
    2. Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / #7 (Brookes Automotive)
    3. Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / #3

Championship Points:
    The INDYCAR Championship will awards points* as follows: 1st 50, 2nd 40, 3rd 35, 4th 32, 5th 30, 6th 28, 7th 26, 8th 24, 9th 22, 10th 20, 11th 19, 12th 18, 13th 17, 14th 16,, 15th 15, 16th 14.*
    * Pole position for each race (except Mojave and Nurburg) will earn three points.

Penalties and Appeals
    All drivers who participate agree to adhere to the standards of driving that are outlined in the league regulations. In addition, the league rules, the racing rules of this website www.racedepartment.com apply here as well, and will preempt the league rules when the two conflict. They are incorporated by reference.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  2. Rob

Rob

Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / #5 (Schmidt-Peterson)

3. Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / #7 (Brookes Automotive)

I quite enjoyed the challenge of this track when we raced it in the LMP2 series. I can see the Dallara being a lot of fun around here :thumbsup:

4. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Eric Cline/McNasty0421/#3 this is the gp layout correct?

5. And it's due to be clear weather :cool::laugh:

6. Rob

Rob

Just had a run. Massive over-steer due to the cresting turns and off camber stuff. need to figure it out. Yes GP. I looked at the weather briefly, and it was 105F. lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I had a quick run the other day but was worryingly well off the AI pace again. What sort of times are you expecting to hit here Rob?

It's so strange that since picking up a double win at Willow i've been so off in this car. It had me thinking that maybe my throttle calibration or something was off but it's been fine in other cars so can;t be that.

8. Rob

Rob

Oh it's bad for everyone here. Eric and I just ran ttha yjry yhin yhru kne/ ehe few sessions and neither of us could crack 1:43 or so. Mu car was oversteering badly, but I swiped a setup from the website and my times improved, but the best thing was getting 90% rid of the overssteer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I did a 42.4 but tyres just waste away quickly here through heat and cornering.

10. Rob

Rob

And sand.

11. I'm struggling badly again. The left front just had no life.. burnt away in about 5 laps and that was with me lapping really slowly. Managed that 1:40 in TT mode with no tyre wear but here in GP mode I'm once more in no man's land.

12. Rob

Rob

I would not say that Peter. The difference in my times from TT to race are massive. I struggle to even hit 1:42.9 in race, and that's with P2P. My tires are literally "damaged" (pit notice appears) after seven laps. So, it sounds like you and I are about the same here. Usually, your tire wear is stellar, so I don't feel so bad. In fact, I'll have to pit twice, easily.

13. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Bout to be online for an hour or so if anyone up for some practice

14. Rob

Rob

I'm in Eric

15. I've definitely lost ground over the past few weeks since Willow. Usually I am competitive with 93% AI and have some good races with them but lately I'm nowhere close. Maybe spreading myself too thin with F1 and pCars so perhaps it's decision time in relation to what is to take priority.

16. Rob

Rob

Seemed to coincide with your new wheel, too.

17. I did wonder whether there was a calibration issue but I've recalibrated now so that's not it and I've done ok in other cars since. Who knows.. something is just not wrote working right for me and I think it's probably not getting in the laps to really work things out that is the reason.

18. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Prob going to miss this ..have to drop wife and kid off at the grandparents at 600.but il let you know

19. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Can be ready to race at 345 400.if that would give me time before 6.how long is this going to be?

20. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Actually we are closing up in thirty so il be home and ready around 245 3