Indy 500 Only 50 Laps??

I've downloaded an Indianapolis circuit in an Oval trackpack. It was originally by N2LO I think, and it is superb.
BUT, I seem to be able to only set a maximum of 50 laps?
Does anyone know how to increase this? Changing the GDB file seems to make no difference at all :(

Maybe thats an offline restriction. I am sure you can raise the amount of laps on dedicated server. Maybe make it a timed race?
Thanks Bram,
yes that would take it to 120 mins, which is the best it allows I think, at least that way I will get about 150 laps in - but what a shame, this is a superb game, I can't believe I've played it for so long and not noticed this restriction. :)

The game is build around WTCC which is a sprint series with races of 20 to 30 minutes maximum.

The day/night cycle doesnt work so if the restriction would be taken off you could drive for 24 hours without noticing any changes in the time and conditions. Hence they blocked it.

One of those awesome features they have stripped from the original GTR2 and were desperately needed.

I fear we will never see them return again in the future.

Yes, that's why I never noticed, I have always used it for my touring car races, never more than 30 laps, and used other sims for formula racing, but when I found this version of Indy I wanted to use it as it is really well designed. Oh well, it's still a great sim in any case.

The game is build around WTCC which is a sprint series with races of 20 to 30 minutes maximum.

The day/night cycle doesnt work so if the restriction would be taken off you could drive for 24 hours without noticing any changes in the time and conditions. Hence they blocked it.

One of those awesome features they have stripped from the original GTR2 and were desperately needed.

I fear we will never see them return again in the future.

Which is a shame indeed, AFAIK this is one of the items taking any given game realism to higher level. Changing conditions, light, time of day, drying up rain, etc. all are possible, and should be included in this next gen's game releases. Pretty please1

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%