1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Indy 3 - The Budweiser GP of California; Willow Springs Intn'l Raceway; 5/14/16; 9:45pm GMT

Discussion in 'Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series' started by Rob, May 7, 2016.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

[​IMG]
    by

RACEDEPARTMENT
    presents
    The Budweiser GP of California
    at
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    _______________________________​
    Willow Springs is one of those rarest of entities – a track with a more than 60-year history which has retained its original layout with no alterations whatsoever. Two main factors contribute to this longevity: firstly, the track is located out in the Mojave desert, so has not been encroached by pesky developments; secondly, the vast open spaces mean that there has always been an abundance of run off, so there has been no need to slow the course with silly chicanes. The original intention was to create a copy of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway oval, but space constraints resulted in the more complicated road-course configuration. From the outset, this was a brutally fast course – with one of the highest average speeds of any course in the United States, earning it the moniker "The Fastest Road in the West."
    Car: 2014 INDYCAR with [​IMG] Chassis
    Date: May 14, 2016
    Laps: 45
    Host:
    OctoberDusk06 or Hammerpgh
    Day: Saturday
    Start Time: 5:45pm U.S. Eastern; 10:45pm BST; 9:45pm GMT (
    start of practice)
    Damage: ON
    Mechanical Failures: ON
    Tire Wear: 3X
    Fuel Usage: NORMAL
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Auto Start Engine: YES
    View: IN CAR is encouraged, but not mandatory
    Assists: NONE
    Weather: Clear, Dry, and Warm
    In Game Start: 1pm; local
    Time Progression: 2x

15 min. practice, followed by a 15 min. qualifying session, a 5 min. warmup, then race
    Fuel Capacity: Driver Choice
    Setup: Driver Choice
    Teams and Drivers - Drivers must not run the same number or livery unless unavoidable. First come, first served. Teams of two are permitted but no more than two.

Reminder to: @Gustavo Sobrino @Robert Waddell @mcnasty1 @EpilepticToast @JeizUs @ABalazs_97 @Michael Watts @Braken99 @suddre @Matthew Booth @Peter Hooper

[​IMG]

Please Sign Up Below In The Example Format:
    1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / #5 (Schmidt-Peterson)
    2. Peter Hooper \ Hammerpgh \ #7 Brookes
    3. Nic Worsfold / EpilepticToast / #5 (PAIS)
    Eric cline /McNasty0421/#3

Championship Points:
    The INDYCAR Championship will awards points* as follows: 1st 50, 2nd 40, 3rd 35, 4th 32, 5th 30, 6th 28, 7th 26, 8th 24, 9th 22, 10th 20, 11th 19, 12th 18, 13th 17, 14th 16,, 15th 15, 16th 14.*
    * Pole position for each race (except Mojave and Nurburg) will earn three points.

Penalties and Appeals
    All drivers who participate agree to adhere to the standards of driving that are outlined in the league regulations. In addition, the league rules, the racing rules of this website www.racedepartment.com apply here as well, and will preempt the league rules when the two conflict. They are incorporated by reference.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  2. Rob

Rob

Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / #5 (Schmidt-Peterson)

3. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Eric cline /McNasty0421/#3

• Like Like x 1
  4. Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / #07 Brookes.....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Should be here for this not really a great place for them its floor it apart from 2 corners

• Like Like x 1
  6. That's why it's a great place, the reverse corkscrew sorts the men out from the boys and that first and final turn can catch anyone out as the tyres wear :).. We had a brilliant race there in the LMP2's a while back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. It doesn't catch anyone out the last corner even when my tyres were red in practice i could floor it through there and that was with low aero.

Personally not a fan of this place for a car with that much downforce

8. Rob

Rob

Just going by the votes. Personally, I love this place, as it was originally planned as an oval and has the feel of both oval and road course, like Peter mentioned. It's actually a track that IndyCar would gladly choose if the stands were better and it was not in the middle of a desert. lol. A welcome break from tight road courses and right-angle Tilke-like nightmares.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. hopefully in, I think the indycars will be fun racing here

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'll be watching you closely on Saturday then.. you should run off in to the distance ;).

I've seen plenty get that final turn wrong and end up taking some off road excursions there.

11. Rob

Rob

While some sections I'd have to agree with Boothy on -- like the last corner and the first turn -- there are some that a faster IndyCar will make terrifying, like the Budweiser section and the exit from the first roundabout. I'm sure I'll try to push too hard, and be able to get away with it until the grippy car turns on me.

12. Is always been a fun track for me and never been in a race there yet where drivers didn't get caught out at both of those turns at some point or other. I love Budweiser... oh you know me I love the whole track in whatever game and cars we've been to it :inklove:

13. Rob

Rob

Just had a run out. I'll be able to get under 1:00 with P2P but that's a pretty risky lap. The A.I. destroy themselves going into Budweiser, which is kind of funny, but not funny is the slide around the first turn carousel. On primes, that will be a big problem. Even with alternates, they wear out in about seven laps and create a very dangerous drive. The speed, of course, is the biggest threat. One slight mistake and you lose a ton, especially with the sand and walls around Budweiser. It's so open you are tempted to just let loose, but that's where it can all go wrong. Better have good mirrors for this one. Hopefully we will have some close battles.

• Like Like x 2
  14. i´m going to miss this one, i have dinner with my inlaws at my place, so.... :(

• Sad Sad x 3
  15. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Prob going to miss this...really hate this bumpy excuse of a race track..no where near the times car feels like crap and any changes just making It more undriveable. ..been unter crap in everything lately...havent finished a race or more than five laps for that matter...hanging it up for awhile

• Sad Sad x 3
  16. Rob

Rob

Thought this would have been right down your alley Eric. If you hate bumps, then you are really going to hate Cadwell. This is smooth as glass comparatively. If we don't get more than four, I'll probably call off this series too. No use in beating a dead horse. Fun while it lasted though.

17. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Not the cars or series...ive crashed out of everything lately...il show for race just know il be slow here ..il try to find something I can at least finish race with..set up wise..just really frustrated with it right now as it seems ive had nothing but crap for luck with this game lately..but il def be there.

18. Rob

Rob

Oh sorry, I thought you were bowing out. Still hoping to get better numbers, as the gap from original signups to actual racers seems wide.

Eric, I thought you were on an upswing really. You had a pretty solid race (one, at least) in the Formula C, and you shot up the IndyCar standings after Mojave. Also had a strong F1 race, but I know that was for fun. I have always thought the faster and more "real" things got (incl. triple monitors, better physics) the better you would get, since you are classically trained. lol. Look for great joy in DiRT and Assetto. That's my prediction, at least.

19. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Just a bad 2 weeks in general. Work mostly..hope to get those two titles sooner rather than later

20. Rob

Rob

Assetto will be later. :(