1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

INDY 2 - Desert Diamond West Valley 100; Mojave Noose; 4/30/16; 9:45pm GMT

Discussion in 'Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series' started by Rob, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Rob

XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Desert Diamond West Valley 100
    Mojave Noose [​IMG]

Honda Proving Center of California (HPCC) is a test track established in 1990, and used primarily for testing Honda and Acura automobiles. Motorcycles are also tested there. HPCC is located near Cantil, CA in the Mojave Desert. Security is tight, and pilots flying near the track have reported seeing cars immediately heading for cover as they got close to the facility. HPCC has a 7.5 mile oval track, as well as a five-mile winding road course. Late last year, Honda announced a $25M renovation investment for the Grounds.
    Track: Mojave Noose (Lotus Classic DLC)
    Car: 2014 INDYCAR with [​IMG] Chassis
    Date: April 16, 2016
    Laps: 33 X 3 (No pits!)
    Host: OctoberDusk06 or Hammerpgh
    Day: Saturday
    Start Time: 5:45pm U.S. Eastern; 10:45pm BST; 9:45pm GMT (start of practice)
    Damage: OFF
    Mechanical Failures: OFF
    Tire Wear: REAL
    Fuel Usage: NORMAL
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Auto Start Engine: YES
    View: IN CAR is encouraged, but not mandatory
    Assists: NONE
    Weather: Dangerously Sunny, Hot, and Humid
    In Game Start: 1pm; local
    Time Progression: 2x
    15 min. practice, followed by a 15 min. qualifying session, a 5 minute warmup, then race
    Fuel Capacity: Driver Choice
    Setup: Driver Choice
    Teams and Drivers - Drivers must not run the same number or livery unless unavoidable. First come, first served. Teams of two are permitted but no more than two.

Reminder to: @Gustavo Sobrino @Robert Waddell @mcnasty1 @EpilepticToast @JeizUs @ABalazs_97 @Michael Watts @Braken99 @suddre @Matthew Booth @Peter Hooper

Please Sign Up Below In The Example Format:
    1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / #5 (Schmidt-Peterson)
    2. Gustavo Sobrino / SobritoS / #2 (Tag Heuer)
    4. Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / #3 (Zipanol)
    5. James Gardner/ HONEYBADGERSMIL/ #9 (Solsteem)
    6. Nic Worsfold / EpilepticToast / #5 (Pais)

Championship Points:
    The INDYCAR Championship will awards points as follows: 1st 50, 2nd 40, 3rd 35, 4th 32, 5th 30, 6th 28, 7th 26, 8th 24, 9th 22, 10th 20, 11th 19, 12th 18, 13th 17, 14th 16,, 15th 15, 16th 14.*
    * For this race, all points will be divided by three for each of the three races, rounding up.

Penalties and Appeals
    All drivers who participate agree to adhere to the standards of driving that are outlined in the league regulations. In addition, the league rules, the racing rules of this website www.racedepartment.com apply here as well, and will preempt the league rules when the two conflict. They are incorporated by reference.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  2. Rob

Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / #5 (Schmidt-Peterson)
  3. Gustavo Sobrino / SobritoS / #2 (TAG HEUER)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mcnasty1

Eric Cline/McNasty0421/#3zipanol
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Unfortunately my wheel is not going to be in any shape for this. Massive dissapointment as this was something I really was looking forward to.
    • Sad Sad x 1
  6. I don't think I'll make this one unfortunately. Sounds a bit of a one off so it should be interesting to see the result
    • Sad Sad x 1
  7. Rob

Actually, there will be another "oval" race of sorts...Oulton Fosters. I guess we can call that Pocono East. :O_o:
    • Haha Haha x 1
  8. Who´s Rob??!! hahah
    I´m in. i'll be a little earlier to practice if someone has a lobby ready.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. James Gardner/ HONEYBADGERSMIL/ Team Solsteem #9
    • Like Like x 1
  10. might make it after all, plans are up in the air so unsure. Toast #5 PAIS
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Rob

I know, Just grabbing the name for when RD goes viral. lol.

I will need practice too. I think I have a decent oval setup, but there is no way to form a practice online lobby by yourself. Do you know whether you ghost or simply don't see parts falling off when damage is set to "OFF"?
  12. Rob

@GoPensGoCup16, welcome! I take it you are signing for the series? What nationality are you, so I can include you in the Nations Cup? We also have a time trial contest before each race.
  13. I am Canadian.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Rob

Another Canuk. Your team is en fuego. :thumbsup:
    • Haha Haha x 1
  15. Rob

Turns out, Peter and I were 1/2 right. While the tires do get hot, and sometimes alarmingly so (260+), they seem to hold up and remain drivable as opposed to become un-drivable. So, we can set tire wear to "real" since we need 33 laps out of them. I tested with the Prime tires, but they were only 1/2 gone, so Alternates would probably work too. If tire pressures were maxed, they would probably be less hot, but in any case, they should be fine.
  16. I haven't done any actual testing here as I've been too tied up with work and decorating at home. Just had a few laps with no tyre wear and then some TT laps last night. I'm on my Spider temporarily so tyre wear is likely to be more of an issue for me. A real struggle adjusting back to the Spider so no idea how is likely to be tonight. No DoR settings to adjust so was finding it really twitchy.
  17. Is this going ahead at all guys? Needs to start quick if so with this late start time.
  18. just got back from work cba with dinky oval
  19. mcnasty1

That was pretty fun ...I teally got that kidney down just had sum mishaps when navigating traffic.but good driving all around considering the magnet in thr last turn wall and the lack of overall space...hell I dont think I git the brake pedal more than twice.lol wonder what happened to rob thou..going to run f1 tom hope to see you guys there
    • Like Like x 2
  20. The track is actually pretty fun just a shame race one lasted just a quarter lap before I was spun out and ended up onto my back and race two about half the race before the game froze on me :(

My Spider was tough on the tyres and the right front only lasted just over half the race in the final attempt before it was gone so lack of grip through that last turn was a real killer after that but at least I made it to the end.
    • Like Like x 1