rF2 Indy 100 @ Indianapolis Speedway - Wed 4th June

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
The safety-car had a bussy day. :p
I didn't expect this much incidents. But the sprints in-between were epic. :rolleyes:. I've been every position possible. Except top 3. :roflmao: from 14th to 4th :cool: . Back to 12th to 6th back to 8th and finished 4th. :cool:

Learned a lot today, like:
- If you exit the pit (the moment you turn off the limiter) that's your position. And if some one overtakes you. You have to take your position back as quickly as possible.
- If you have a warning: "you are ahead of the car you should be". Somebody should be in front of you (maybe just exit the pit). And if he isn't there at green. you'll get a SnG. :unsure: And do not enter the pit if you have that warning. ==> SnG. :unsure:

@Mark Aalberts : start and restart procedure at Indy and most single class races. ==> hold position until you cross the start/finish line.
It's a different story in multi-class races.

Was that even possible without a fuel stop? I know you don't use a lot of fuel during caution, but 30Laps under caution? Did you play demolition derby:roflmao:
The longest stint that we made when I was online was 4 laps :D TBF I don't mind doing this again but with less incident or at least don't add caution laps over the total distance or limit to some time cause imagine if we do a 500 race :D It'll take the whole day :D

This race was eventful.
Started from the back and tried to be careful to avoid any crashes ahead.
Things were looking good until my first incident. Wasn't that bad since i kept going and after several yellow flags i was 2nd. :confused:
That didn't last long. :p

The last laps were done without the front wing but managed to finish. :thumbsup:

The race had more incidents than i expected. Hopefully was a good practice experience so we can have more oval racing with less SC. ;)

The safety-

@Mark Aalberts : start and restart procedure at Indy and most single class races. ==> hold position until you cross the start/finish line.
It's a different story in multi-class races.

Of course I know I shouldn't overtake until after the line, but 2 drivers where just sleeping in the start causing it. Front 2 where already almost at T1 until they figured out that the race was on and started to rev up.:p

I probably didn't missed to much since a lot of laps where spend behind SC. Expected better though, but never mind.

After my little incident I was one lap behind... but I had a master plan. Climb to be the first car of the pack --> SC comes and I sneak past it and catch one lap.

Only problem was that I didn't make it to "1st" place :D. Was 2nd for a while but then got a Stop/GO at restart.

First time oval racing wasn't bad at all. Racing between yellow flags was really fun :thumbsup:.

Hmmm... the number of incidents annoyed me a lot but I think it was more the amount of time it all took that got on my nerves. One thing I will say is pretty much everyone was napping on the restarts, there was one where I started 3rd in line and did the front 2 around the outside of turn one.

I also had to keep awake because my 6th gear was WAY too short and so once people passed me passing them back was near on impossible.

Oh well, still ended up winning.

- Oscar.

Edit : I also had a full potato moment when I spun with no outside help in turn one by smashing in to the apron so go figure xD

Had some fun at first with Oscar, but got annoyed by a seemingly randomly applied penalty and the fact that people couldn't keep it together without causing cautions. After 50 minutes of safety car tailing I decided to go to bed instead.

Too bad.

Thanks for organising, though, Gijs. ;)

After reading your reports it sounds like I was lucky I couldn't make it to the race. I hope there will be Indy 500 sometime in the future!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%