1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

INDY 1 - Wisconsin Dairy Farmers GP; Road America; 4/16/16; 9:45pm GMT

Discussion in 'Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series' started by Rob, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

[​IMG]
    by

RACEDEPARTMENT
    presents
    Wisconsin Dairy Farmers Grand Prix
    at
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    _______________________________​
    Road America, which was acclaimed by drivers and revered by fans when it hosted Indy car racing from 1982-2007, is on the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series schedule. Road America, established in 1955, has featured some of the greatest names in Indy car racing. Legendary drivers Mario Andretti, Michael Andretti and Emerson Fittipaldi each won three times at Road America. Jacques Villeneuve and Paul Tracy were two-time winners on the high-speed course located in the Kettle Moraine area of east-central Wisconsin.
    _______________________________​
    NOTE: Each driver must use both Primary (black) and Alternate (red banded) for at least one green flag lap.
    Laps: 30
    Host:
    OctoberDusk06 or Hammerpgh
    Day: Saturday
    Start Time: 5:45pm U.S. Eastern; 10:45pm BST; 9:45pm GMT (
    start of practice)
    Damage: ON
    Mechanical Failures: ON
    Tire Wear: 3X
    Fuel Usage: NORMAL
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Auto Start Engine: YES
    View: IN CAR is encouraged, but not mandatory
    Assists: NONE
    Weather: Clear and Sunny 2x
    https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Elkhart+Lake,+WI
    In Game Start: 1pm; local
    Time Progression: 2x

15 min. practice, followed by a 15 min. qualifying session, a 5 min. warmup, then race
    Fuel Capacity: Driver Choice
    Setup: Driver Choice
    Teams and Drivers - Drivers must not run the same number or livery unless unavoidable. First come, first served. Teams of two are permitted but no more than two.

Reminder to: @Gustavo Sobrino @Robert Waddell @mcnasty1 @EpilepticToast @JeizUs @ABalazs_97 @Michael Watts @Braken99 @suddre @Matthew Booth @Peter Hooper

[​IMG]

Please Sign Up Below In The Example Format:
    1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / #5 (Schmidt-Peterson)
    2. Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / #90
    3. Gustavo Sobrino / Sobritos / #2
    4. Peter Hooper \ Hammerpgh \ #7 (Brookes something or other lol)
    5. Matthew Booth / Boothy116 / #28
    6. Nic Worsfold / EpilepticToast / #5 (PAIS)
    7. Jesus Franco / JeisusGamer / #15

Championship Points:
    The INDYCAR Championship will awards points* as follows: 1st 50, 2nd 40, 3rd 35, 4th 32, 5th 30, 6th 28, 7th 26, 8th 24, 9th 22, 10th 20, 11th 19, 12th 18, 13th 17, 14th 16,, 15th 15, 16th 14.*
    * Pole position for each race (except Mojave and Nurburg) will earn three points.

Penalties and Appeals
    All drivers who participate agree to adhere to the standards of driving that are outlined in the league regulations. In addition, the league rules, the racing rules of this website www.racedepartment.com apply here as well, and will preempt the league rules when the two conflict. They are incorporated by reference.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  2. Rob

Rob

Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / #5 (Schmidt-Peterson)

3. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Eric Cline/McNasty0421/#90

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Gustavo Sobrino/Sobritos/#2

5. For someone who's been trainning with clear skyes and nice warm weather... this is not ideal:

Attached Files:

6. Rob

Rob

61 degrees is balmy!

7. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Robert I accidentally put the mustang number here I changed it to #90 for the indy

• Like Like x 1
  8. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

I like the 2007 indy look alot better than the current gen.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rob

Rob

Overall, I'd have to agree. I am not a fan of those corrugated, large monstrosities behind the rear tire in the current car. But the front wing and side pod (being streamlined vs. the boxy 2007 car) on today's car sort of makes up for it. The cars appear to have been "designed" today and not taken out of a box. If they can just unclutter the rear wheels (both in front of them and behind them) it would be the perfect looking open wheel car.

10. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Way too much aero.ran the stang this morning but outside of tt im losing a sec or two. Anyone know what the default aero is for it? Dont want to lose all the adjustments to reset. Only problem im having with it is it getting sideways after hard braking like turns one and three

11. Rob

Rob

They were boxes before. lol. They just had some catching up to do, but many agree with you. Aero does = speed, but it also = costs.

DF is 12 on the rear on default. They have them all here: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

These cars are interesting. And some counter-intuitive. Remember the C9 would only be fast with max. downforce here? I think the accelerator being replaced with a rocket engine had something to do with that, but this car is similar. Strong motor...no downforce, standard. I'm going to try a run with full DF and no DF and see what happens.

12. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

I was referring to the stang on rear default .we are running those tom corrrect?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rob

Rob

Roger.

14. After practiving my long runs last night, all i can say is that, five more laps will force you into thinking about different pit strategies.

15. Rob

Rob

I have not been out in the indycar since I have to practice for this touring car this weekend, and DiRT Rally is irresistible. We have to keep the races at 45m. because it will be very late in the U.K. when we finish.

16. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Still no luck finding more sign ups I see..strange as alot of guys wanted open wheel..only if custom paint was available .we could have moblie billboards then to get the word out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rob

Rob

??

Yea, I pasted the SMS forums and so has Peter. I can figure out why Americans prefer big bulky cars, but I can't really figure out Europe. Some hard times over there, for sure, just like here. But they have always been out front in F1 participation (and that game is gone now) and other games, like Forza and Race Pro. It may be that the "next gen" division really fractured things more than I thought. Peter, again, always pointed to this. It was a close call for me also. I'm glad I stuck with the console now, but it was not looking to good at the time xbo came out.

I think a lot of console players are fans of open wheel until they try and race them. Also, assists are always a sticking point. Then, you have the time of day. Length is not too bad this year, and I *wish* there was an option for "inside the car" like with hardcore SIMs (Codemasters, in Dirt, finally rubber stamping what I have said all along...3rd person is an assist). With Crew Chief, I though the objections to cockpit would go away, but apparently views other than hood, cockpit, or helmet still remain popular...probably because that's what people are used to and if you take it away, they get uncomfortable. I get that.

As far as assists go, I'm baffled. They are just not that big a deal (unless it's a GT3 car) in the game. TC is "race" TC (with a slider) and ABS can be overcome with the right equipment (which, I don't have). Stability is the big one. That was worth its weight in gold when you put it on the Sauber. I never did in race, but I tested with it, and my lap times went down by 2-3 seconds immediately. It's like magic in the corners. I can see hwy people get mad when you try to remove it.

18. Rob

Rob

Reminder:
    Each driver must use both hard and soft (red banded) tires for each race.

19. aaaah c'mon Bob!!!! i was all setup, now i need to do long runs again and figure out my strat.
    well, is a great car to drive, i'll do it gladly! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  20. Rob

Rob

lol. Tough duty. Actually, it was in the series introduction thread, but after Eric mentioned it, I figures people may have not seen it. All it does is follow the real series.