Individual nodes and track width

G

gs83

• gs83

Working on my first track, have watched all the videos and theres a couple of things i stil cant figure out:

- How do i change the width of individual nodes? I can only change the width of the whole track.

Also i have a question about terrain. Im working on a street track and i have huge sections just filled with terrain, would it be ok to lay some 'escape roads' over terrain or would this likely cause problems?

You can lay the escape road on top of the existing terrain and it won't cause any serious problems. From some angles the terrain might show through because the polygons are so close and the renderer doesn't know which to draw first.

You could delete just the terrain polygons that would be under the escape road, place the road and give it 1 panel of terrain on both sides. You could then merge the new terrain anchors with the anchors left over from the original terrain.

• gs83

You can lay the escape road on top of the existing terrain and it won't cause any serious problems. From some angles the terrain might show through because the polygons are so close and the renderer doesn't know which to draw first.

You could delete just the terrain polygons that would be under the escape road, place the road and give it 1 panel of terrain on both sides. You could then merge the new terrain anchors with the anchors left over from the original terrain.

Thanks. Ive completely deleted the terrain to make it less complicated (will do that later on). The main track is 'closed' and ive added the esape roads using single straight peices of 'open ended' road and matched them pretty close together, that should work ok, right? It will be an rfactor track and they will simply be for turning around and whatnot

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 40.0%