Resource icon

Misc Indianapolis Speedway better AI 2017-11-07

Login or Register an account to download this content
Indianapolis AI is very good, but cars cannot leave pitlane... lotus 49 starts, goes way too far to the right, into the pitwall and retire. Lotus 98T do not even leave the pits.

I ask: is there a newer ai for the Indy 500 oval because original track doesn't even load but at least with your ai here, Dutchmountains, it works, but only in "race". In your working ai for the 500 no cars come out for practice or qualifying- only race.
New ai somewhere?

Please can you post here or send me a copy where indi ai will work in practice, qualifying, and race?
Thanks very much...I don't know how to make one.

Well, it did not work. What I did was to take your text from the .tex file and put it into the .ai file of the track (substituting inner existing text). When I tried it, the sim froze. Can you please send me the file in final .ai format?
Thanks

What I'm trying to get is the cars to come out to the track in Practice and Qualify, because all they do now is sit in the pits for the entire sessions.

Last edited:
I think you needed to rename file itself, just to delete .txt - so just .ai remains. Not touching inside contents (because it's not readable text inside). I could send as well, but I do not see this option... but renaming the file should work.

Wow, that did it !!! Thanks VERY much. I did not have file extensions visible in my folder options so I renamed as you said and cars come out to play in practice and quali. Thank you !

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back