1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incredible fun!! Who has it?

Discussion in 'Next Car Game: Wreckfest' started by Bram, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Just purchased Wreckfest and have played it for 30 minutes now of which 29 minutes I've laughing my behind off. What fun game!

Who else has this?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I do but, I haven't tried it lately. I think it's quite entertaining and there will be much to explore. This should be great for times when I need a break from the more serious stuff.:)
  3. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

I've got it in my inventory, but haven't been around enough to test it yet. Looking forward to a real *ahem* wreckfest riot with this one :D
  4. I also have it and have been occasionally poking at it every now and then. Unlike previous FlatOut titles I am finding it easier to control with a wheel than gamepad so far, but I have not spent too much time on dirt tracks yet.

I think it would be pretty cool if there were enough people to get some races going. That, or Carmageddon: Reincarnation. Show those track marshals who is boss! hehehe
    Carma is farther away than NCG: Wreckfest though.
  5. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen

*raises hands*
    Is MP working?
    I really want a 30 car carnage! With the latest build I do suffer from really low framerates which has not been the case before.
    Waiting for a new version...
  6. Bram

I have seen a multiplayer tab but havent tried it yet :)
  7. TTupsi

Premium Member

I have this too. We should set up a RD server some night :thumbsup:
  8. I caved in with this weekend's special offer. €18 was apparently below my impulse buy threshold for semi sims :)

To have something to compare it to, I started up DiRT Showdown before buying to refresh my memory of that horrible blemish to DiRT's good name. There are less differences in the FFB and physics than I expected between Wreckfest and DiRT Showdown. Cars seem pretty glued to the road in both, FFB (through my T500) provides gentle hints of what the car is doing in both. But Wreckfest is otherwise a far more mature game than Showdown, and I like the tracks more too.

Looking forward to trying out the broad selection of tracks: I'm pleased with the number of options available to actually indulge in contact-racing, as compared to demolition arenas which are definitely not my thing....

P.S. Don't worry, I didn't buy Showdown: it came free with GRiD Autosport preorder.

edit: after more time, the FFB has grown on me, as has the physics. This is a lot better than DiRT Showdown even at this early stage :)
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  9. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Its good fun! Had it a while now but not spent much time on it really. When multiplayer works its great fun, really nice for something different and less 'serious'.. I'd 100% be in for some club race's if RD decide to hold any... at least it would (help) hide my skill deficit...:D
  10. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Single player is fantastic and i enjoyed a lot. But MP seems to be a bit problematic with lag and ping issues (maybe just for me). If worked smooth, multiplayer could be a fantastic experience and i would love a RD club event!
  11. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Just bought it there :) looking forward to giving it a bash
  12. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

Its on sale on steam now, anybody confirms this is a good laugh then I will buy it. :p
  13. TTupsi

Premium Member

I can confirm it is a good laugh if anything :D Mind you though that the game is still in alpha/beta/whatever and quite far from a polished, finished product. Nevertheless it has a working single & multiplayers and I love them both. Handling isn't particularly good imo at the moment but they are working on an improved tyre physics now so it will get A LOT better in the coming months.
    GET IT NOW that it's on sale :thumbsup:
  14. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

Just bought :D Downloading now, will give it a first shot after the CSGO grand finals :p
    Always had a good laugh with FlatOut as well so I think this is somewhat a must

EDIT: Does it work well with G27? :p
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  15. TTupsi

Premium Member

Yes :thumbsup:
  16. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

Not that well late night with sleeping parents :p
    Anyways we should have a screenshot section
    Just epic wrecks waiting to be shared
  17. I got it too!!! Totally enjoyed it except the fact the ai rams you and get's you stuck :/
  18. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

I know exactly what you mean :p
  19. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Same here any chance of some RD input @Bram Hengeveld :whistling:
  20. Bram

That would be lots of fun @Paul Bennett. But for that we need extra staff members to setup the events on regular basis. :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1