Increasing steering lock

Thanks for the input, but I think that you may be confusing steering ratio with steering lock.

Steering ratio is where you say that the car steering will turn X degrees for every 1 degree of steering wheel input. As you say, that can be set on teh wheel base, but also you can set it in game.

Steering lock it the maximum the car wheels can turn in each direction. Famously this is increased on formula 1 cars (whose steering lock is very low) for tracks like Monaco, otherwise they can't get round certain corners like the Lowes hairpin, which is exactly what is happening with a number of cars in AC

rFactor has this in the suspension set up screens, with toe, camber, caster etc.

Cheers

Les

With the assetto corsa car tuner you can increase steering lock. I did it with the Ferrari F1 2004 for monaco although I could not get the hands to match up but maybe I did something wrong. Heres where someone explains it

Hi all, thanks for the replies, but despite doing all the above, all I am doing is altering how much the steering wheel turns, not how much the wheels are actually turning to steer - the turning circle of the car remains the same, its just that the virtual steering wheel makes multiple turns.

I set the steering at 300, but for instance at monaco, the car will still not go round the corner without hitting the barrier on the outside even at 1 kph. Considering it was set at 180 before, that shows that it is not affecting the car behavior, only the visual steering wheel

Not sure where to go with this now, as I said rFactor had this as an adjustable component on the setup, and it is so fundamental and basic that I can't believe it is not available here

Cheers

Les

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 14 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 67 57.8%