1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Increasing AI view?

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Boby Kim, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

As for now the AI suddenly pops up or disappears. I would like to make the distance greater. Is there a way?
    I have gone through the entire PLR file but i cant seems to find a rule to set for a lager AI view distance. Im playing at 1920x1080 full AA & 16 x AS with all option on the highest setting.
  2. I searched for this and found out how to do it in rfactor, so it would be worth trying it in FTruck as well:

'open the <vehicle>.cam file in the text editor of your choice (I use gnu emacs)
    - look for the cockpit cam definition
    - increase the following variable to 10.0 or so:
    Save the file and start rFactor to enjoy a popup-less (or at least much improved) track environment. '

Currently it's only set at 1 in FTruck, so it might be worth trying 3, or 5, or 7 first, if it works it is bound to cost FPS, so it's worth experimenting to find the optimum.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Thanks! I'll give it a try and let you know:thumbsup:
  4. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Wow...that does the job! Outstanding:thumbsup:. I have set the multiplier at 5.000000 and i will further experiment with higher values. At the moment i do not see any loss of frames using a I7860 @ 3,8 / 8 GB ram and a Asus GTX 580.
  5. Good news ! :)
  6. That is good news. Are you running single or triple monitors?

I ask because the performance difference will be huge depending upon running one or three. I'm experimenting with 1.5 to see if that helps. It greatly minimizes the performance hit with triples. However I can't yet confirm it as a solution. I'll need to race more to see for sure.
  7. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

8. Yeah I kind of thought so. Even increasing the LOD to 1.5 impacts my frame rate, and frankly that's not enough to solve the problem. I'm thinking a minimum of 2 is what's required. Also, I'm testing this from the back of the grid running 24 AI trucks. So that would probably be the worst situation.