1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Increased Body Heat While Simracing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Martijn Hoekstra, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Didn't knew where to post this :) Hope this is the right place.

I've been wondering if it's normal that racing produces so much body heat. I'm sitting here in the middle of the winter in my t-shirt with a fan blowing in my face (this is during a race ofcourse). Is it because of the high amount of concentration needed that the body produces so much heat?

I'm new to sim racing since september last year and I experience this every race I drive.

2. Racing causes stress and concentration, which causes sweat. Sim racing might not have the physical part, but the stress and concentration can make you sweat a bit. Have you sweated in exams before? I always have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mapu

Mapu
    Premium Member

It's quite normal, even sim-racing can be quite demanding to the body and mental activity. I remember sweating, even shivering because of adrenaline at the beginning of league races. I used to race in long distant races, going straight for multiple hours (6-24hrs) and having driver changes. A whole sim-racing team was involved into the preparation of the race car, practice, qualification and the race day. Making mistakes had consequences to the whole racing team. We had a great time and it was a lot of fun though. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

I'm in the same boat, there has been many a race where I've had to jump in the shower afterward :laugh:

5. My dad told me I catched the simracing virus :p haha made me laugh.

Anyways glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this :)

6. Yeah, I have this happen when I really get into it. I am not quite sure why, but it does not happen to me much any more.

I remember some time last year, I did an 1 and a half endurance race, and the AI were really hard. When I was done, my shirt was almost drenched, and my limbs were really really sore. :cool:

7. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

i also get a bit hotter when i'm simracing, i'm not in a t-shirt and with a fan, i'm with a bit more clothes but i'm felling hotter than ussual, especially on the summer i just start sweating more than normal. Before races, i ussually get a bit nervous and i feel that on my stomach and my bladder :roflmao: