1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incorporating pc fans into simulator

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Miguel Gonzalez, Dec 10, 2011.

1. As the topic says i'm looking for a way to incorporate 1-2 pc case fans into my simulator, i've seen it done where the fan speeds increase with acceleration in racing sims to provide some airflow relative to your speed on track. I saw someone do it on a youtube video but i cant seem to find it again. I've got plenty of open power connectors i can use but im looking for a way to synch it to my games. Any ideas?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks Will! Yea thats pretty close to what i'm after. I'm not familiar with the X-sim software can you use it for just fan speed if you dont have a motion sim? I had actually seen a video of a kid doing it with a pc case fan on his desk and he put a playing card in it so you could hear the speed change. Looking more for something i can use spare parts i already have instead of going out and buying an AC system =P
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I think thats exactly the video im looking for. Thanks Red! Gonna take a good look into this tonight and maybe order some breadboards =D I have a fully encased Formula sim so it gets pretty hot in the tub after a while, debating where to place the fans, might make a hinge system so i can point them at my chest/face depending on conditions. Thanks again guys for posting!
  4. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner