Incident Report Season 6 -Watkins Glen

hi guys

T: 2285.62
Vincenzo Cavaliere

i was trying to overtake him, you were going left and right and i coulod not predict which side to choose for the overtake. idecided to go left and as i did so did you and smacked you from behind causing myself suspension damage. i hope i didn't ruin your race!!! maybe i should have been a little more patient.

hello guys!

Anthony, Im so sorry about the incident.. My english is not good, let me try to explain.. I drove with low wings (1 no grip in front - understeer) I had very low speed on this part of the track, you arrive behind me very fast I tried to make left to off the race line but every happened to fast and make contacts, Probable I live the pedal a little early too, After contact I receive a pit message about suspension damage too but I felt the car good, no problem.

I have an example the similar overtaking: 2958 with Reik, 3043 with Filippo, 3063 with Alex.

Anthony, for me no problem its race!
I hope to everyone understood:)

as Anthony pointed out, our contact was just a racing incident, none of us could do anything about it, i think his post sums up what happened perfectly so ill not go over old ground.

no other incident to report

Hi Fabrice, you can use the PrestoGPUpdater to download the race replay. Much more flexible to watch than a video. Also the cam can be recommended. Peter has a link to it somewhere here in the forum.

thx Valter, i used the prestoGPupdater before to have skins ant every tracks, so i should found it again. I just have to undestand how use it to download the replay.

also, greats to all racers, and thx for your explications of your race that they are realy interrest me

I don't seem to be able to download the replays, it starts downloading the Watkins q then chokes halfway and never finds the race. Has anyone downloaded successfully?

Thanks Peter, maybe I need to clean out my folders, the skins seem not to be working right as well. I might delete everything and redownload the lot.

... the skins seem not to be working right as well...

This happened to me as well.

I usually only have New Replays Only selected in the PrestoGP updater.

Looking forward to the Watkins replay I clicked update the day after the race and nothing happened; or so I thought. I loaded my own replay and there were no car skins! It took me a little longer to work out what had was wrong than it did for yourself Tim. :) [me slow :redface: - don't ask how long it took me to install the Formula RR mod.]

Anyhoo, Nico had been working hard sorting out the car skins for us all.... to read more:

http://www.racedepartment.com/formu...322-skins-presto-gp-updater-2.html#post765509

Yep,
Someone needs to dig out Brendan's excellent car setup guide I think. Besides all the time he put into it, it is how we [and or I] discovered how to remove the Third Spring and get our "competitive" car setups.

Ask, and ye shall receive: http://www.racedepartment.com/formu...formula-pro-series-merged-345.html#post562156

There may be a few more posts that he made as replies in the original thread that weren't updated into his original post, but I'm too lazy to dig around for those.

It seems I owe David McCradic a looong overdue appolegy! I (shamefully) didn't watch the replay before today, and there I learn that David was caught up in my accident, and it cost him gravely.

To go back in time, I was 4th, closely followed by Cristian. Approaching carusell I was paying too much attension in finding out if Cristian was going on my inside. I looked behind me one time too many and it was too late to brake. In hindsight/retrospect I shouldn't have looked behind me so much but rather just leave room.

Anyhoo, I crashed into the wall, was tossed up into the air, sideways, upside down, here and there like a cheap hooker. As you know, the graphics update slowly, so I didn't see I had lost a wheel (I pressed escape as soon as I saw that) until after the car was "back in control". In hindsight I should have pressed escape the moment I knew the accident was bound to happen. Such an impact like I had with the wall was bound to end with damage and was also very dangerous for the drivers behind. It is not worth gambeling with my co-racers race to see if I miracolously would survive such a crash. But it all happened very fast and I wasn't thinking straight. In the future though I am sure I will react much more proptly with escaping the race if I would be in such a situation again.

Sorry David :sorry:

(ps: I'll add the time stamp when I get home)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back