Incident Report Season 6 Race 5 Melbourne

Just wondering, at what point did you know he was on your inside? I assume you left the room open as you couldn't know if your inside was clear or not, but did you at any point see/know that Fabian was there before the contact? And, what did you know about your "outside" if you know what I mean.
I saw Fabian in my mirrors and gave him room. I was afraid that he could hit me from behind because of better accelerating. So it seemed more safe to open the inside line for him.
And I did know nothing about my right side, so I prefered to leave room for someone who could possibly be there.

I say that I could move to the right, just because now I know for sure that there were no cars :)

TS 147,13 L1 I was slowing down for the accident infront when Joe hit me hard , broken suspension made the car undriveble had to pit for repair.

TS 320,92 L2 When I run out of the pit I got a blue flag directly and could not accelerate out at once, I lost speed and became stuck on the right side because of all the cars that came. David came out shortly afterwards and had a better position so he could accelerate into a gap. But I do not think he saw that I was driving slowly, so he ran into me. I'm terribly sorry I ruined your race but it was absolutely not my intention.

no problems here Kurt, my race was already in ruins at that point, it was an unfortunate accident that i was to blame for, it was me who hit you afterall, what i will say though is that when being lapped you make room for the lappers when safe to do so, at that point in the track it certainly wasnt safe, if youd carried on into a gap then let them by on the run down to t2 it wouldve been fine, but i shouldve paid more attention i just didnt expect to see your near stationary car so close to the entry to t1.

:)

I understand what you say. Maybe I could have come out behind Vince but I hesitated for a moment and got stuck, did not trust the grip of the cold tires. Did not want to risk to spin around in the fast lane. But I have looked and learned so that it will not happen again.

See you on track mate:)

Hey guys whats up!!!...
I see there is still some "light tuch" betwin racers...:D
This fast cars are hard to handle and because it isnt real u always try to push more than u can take it...
Hell,i did some laps on Presto server like a week ago....and i was 3-4 sec slower then rest....hehehehe..
I will hunt the server maybe i will have a change of words with some of my friends:)
Nico...respect as always...

I am sorry I want to apologize for my false accusation. I didn´t see the crash in the video and have never seen such a perspective in this game yet. It really looks different in the helicopter perspective and I really didn´t believe that it was the original replay from above.
Here is my video:
It really looks different. It was only a minimal contact which is even hard to see in Alex´s view.

I hope you can see that I tried to hold my line.

This is my last post for this incident and hope that we wont have such big problems in Sepang.

See you on track!

Fabian

In case this is what's holding you away from racing, I noticed this was your last post before you disappeared:

First of all, online racing and real racing (like kart) has some fundamental differences. One is the field of view, this is usually much smaller in our simulators than in real racing. As a consequence we need to race in a more predictable way. This usually consist of straight lines and no sideways battle.

I can understand that from a normal racing perspective the incident was inocent enough, or better even, Alex would have seen you and moved to the right. But in the simulator world it is a bit different.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back