• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

In game screenshots

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Dethrone1427, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +76
    Morning,

I've just noticed that AMS is no longer allowing me to screenshot in the main menu, is anyone else having this issue? I just wanted to create some in game icons but cant screen shot the cars anymore.
    I just get a black screen which pops up to show me what the screen grab took...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  2. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +556
    what way are you trying to do that screenshot? Printscreen, dedicated capture SW or ingame F12 key ?

3. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +76
    Pressing F12. Print screen just shows my desktop with Steam running in the background.

4. Pudu

Pudu

Ratings:
    +71
    Steam is a bit quirky and unreliable about screenshots, I find.

One thing I have learned though is that it won't screenshot properly in a 2D envirnoment, i.e. the main menu, if the game is in a folder outside of a Steam install directory. I keep a clean version of AMS in the Steam directory and have another one that I do all my modding and racing with located elsewhere. Screenshots for this AMS installation don't work in the main menu, but do work in the in-game 3D. I must use the AMS installation inside the Steam directory to get screenshots of the menus.

5. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +76
    Thanks for the replies, but it turns out it was the Nvidia Profiler. The settings were messing with the screens in menu. I saved the profile, exported it. Deleted the file. Took all the screenshots, then uploaded the AMS nvidia profile again and it worked!! Thanks anyways though :)

6. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness

Ratings:
    +664
    Try using FRAPS program, I run Nvidia inspector profiles and Fraps still takes screenshots of the spinner,

7. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +76
    Bizarrely I tried that too, it was still a black screen!! But like I said, alls good now, it was a simple export of NVIDIA profiles, screenshot, screenshot, import the NVIDIA profile back in and then back to playing the game

8. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +76
    Here was what i was trying to achieve!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pudu

Pudu

Ratings:
    +71
    Looks awesome! Very nice work.