PC1 In-depth review from the perspective of a sim racer

Justin

#1 overuser of the :P emoticon
I recently have written a review of this game that is designed for many of us here: people who play a lot of other sim racing games. It is really in-depth compared to most typical reviews, covering multiple sections in great detail. A few of you may not agree on the verdict, but hopefully it informs some sim racers who may still be on the fence about buying this game about just how it compares to other sims out there in multiple areas. :)

http://www.atomicsimracing.net/reviews/project-cars-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/

Any feedback would be appreciated, good or bad. :)

To be honest, in races against the AI you can see some names in the list that are from the big investors. And in different communities you can read how the guys with these names defend the game. So at some point you start to think that they do this because of their big investment.
Well, i'm big at 6.6 feet. And i've also backed pCars when no one knew anything about the returns. So yes, i'm a Big Investor. If i can remember "my name" was also successfully racing one of the reviewers, so you're even more "right". If you don't believe what i'm saying, it's your choice, but it's sad that you guys think money is the only virtue in this world. Cause this is personal on a very low level, so i can fully understand why you're using nickname.

I don't think anyone is criticizing people for backing the project, I would have done the same if I had known about it before they stopped taking money. That being said, the debate is that those who invested could be biased against criticism of the game for fear that if it doesn't sell that well, there will be less money made in return. Its a valid debate quite honestly and for the few people that probably get offended by the nature of the suggestion, there's likely many more that are trying to make money on this product and will defend it no matter how many flaws it has. Its not the same concept as Early Access since there's no money to be made there, just a simple belief in the concept of the product and the talent of the developers to make a quality product using customer feedback.

I find it funny this whole "investor thing". Most people contributed maybe 10 to 25 Euro 4 years ago. If people are expecting to retire off that contribution, it ain't happening. There are a small handful of the "investors" who contributed some serious cash. If all 80k of investors were actually participating during the development, the "large investors" would have been severely outnumbered anyway (but their votes didn't weigh any heavier than a normal "Manager").

Yes, there are a select few who stand to gain a fairly significant amount of money if pCARS sells well. Guess what, those aren't people out here supporting it and trying to help the racing community get started with it.

I contributed around $400 USD (no including purchasing my own LE copy just for keepsakes). For me, I've already gotten my money's worth over the 4 years and am not expecting to see anything returned. If I do, great, but I'm not on these forums telling people to buy it. I'm only on the forums explaining exactly what is in it so everyone can make an informed decision.

Ok, there certainly are people that "invested" big money in pCars, but as bmanic said, majority of us don't fall into this category, when i joined WMD, it was Early access. And to get money in return of misleading people to believe something that's not true, that would be unethical and if you want it, risky. If most of the people are disappointed and would believe into this scenario, they would turn back to the game and developer. And SMS will stay on the market.
One thing that would drop any shadow of unreasonable doubt even for the most suspicious would be a demo version of the game, where one would be able to check whether the game fits one's standards. But demos are rarely produced these days.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back