F1 2012 In case there was any doubt...

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
What do you think this means?
"An additional and all-new FORMULA ONE experience for a family audience is due this holiday season with details to be announced"
I hope their not talking about Kinects! when is the holiday season?

What a load of rhubarb!

".....FORMULA ONE is front of mind at Codemasters and we give it the focus and attention it deserves......"

Yeah as long as its hyping the next release, not fixing the current release, that couldnt be further from your minds.

And it says they want to bring the game to a younger audience??? Oh dear, I think its pretty much kids level as it is. Plans for a turbo boost button, catch-up and ability to throw banana skins out the back in 2012?

What a load of rhubarb!

".....FORMULA ONE is front of mind at Codemasters and we give it the focus and attention it deserves......"

Yeah as long as its hyping the next release, not fixing the current release, that couldnt be further from your minds.

And it says they want to bring the game to a younger audience??? Oh dear, I think its pretty much kids level as it is. Plans for a turbo boost button, catch-up and ability to throw banana skins out the back in 2012?

LOL@Paul............What about heat seeking missiles mounted to the front wings, or maybe a shield you can collect in the pits for use when playing rammers....Geeeez

To make things a bit more clear. As far as I've read on codies forum by moderators and such:
---
- We will get F1 2012 (like we had F1 2011 and F1 2010).
- F1 management game free to play online to come this spring (already known)
- A F1 game in december for kids for families.
They have a multi year deal, but its decided not to tell how long exactly. Codies is gonna look at many platforms to get most out of the license.
---
My speculation. On the forum there's talk that F1 2012 can go more towards sim now, because of the F1 game in december. I don't expect that actually, since Codies have let done a survey that showed the big majority felt the game was too hard already. Go ask in general if the cars are too slippery or not slippery enough on the forum, and you won't get 1 big majority.

The family game could be another Wii game, but I rather think it will be much more arcade style, instead of a 'F1 2012 light'. Combine F1 with the Mario Kart fun part? This way that big majority that found F1 2010 and F1 2011 too hard, can still have some F1 related fun.

How is F1 2011 too hard???
Maybe if youre going no assists and using a keyboard.
I just seriously dont get how its too hard??!!!
To be honest I think that F1 2011 was a little too hard and that it was way to easy to spin with TC off even if you just tap the throttle, and way too easy to lock up the brakes. In F1 2010 I think they did a much better job of that and I hope they sort of make it like that again.

But that doesnt make it hard??? This is an F1 car, throttle application needs to be smooth at times, not just planting the foot down. To be honest i was actually a little surprised how it was so possible to stamp the throttle down sometimes.
I only had 2011 on PC and use a wheel and pedals. 2010 i had on PS3 so i have no comparison there...

Can remember playing F1 2010 and thinking I would never get a clean lap of any track... now 2 years later nearly and Im driving legend with no assists etc.. but still not winning every race... but still improving every race... no doubt in a few months I will be complaining that the AI isnt fast enough, cant wait to get there... I've loved every minute... and then there will be F1 2012 which I'm sure will be a different proposition entirely (theres optimism for you!)

But that doesnt make it hard??? This is an F1 car, throttle application needs to be smooth at times, not just planting the foot down. To be honest i was actually a little surprised how it was so possible to stamp the throttle down sometimes.
I only had 2011 on PC and use a wheel and pedals. 2010 i had on PS3 so i have no comparison there...
Yeah but I play rFactor and iRacing just fine racing the same way, and I believe those are more accurate than F1 2011. I know I can't just floor it while turning but a little throttle won't make it spin presuming I'm in the right gear.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.7%