1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In-car steering wheel rotation

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Chris Butcher, May 9, 2012.

1. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Hey guys, there's one thing that really bugs me in iRacing. I can't get the in car wheel to rotate more than 180 degrees. Is it possible to change this, it is in pretty much every other sim I've driven. I hope I haven't missed anything obvious :p
  2. Good question... Have you calibrated you wheel correctly in-game ?

In any way, why would you want the annoying steering on-screen ? :p
  3. If you have driver arms on, this will happen. The arms in iRacing can't cross so they stop at 90°

The only solution is to change the settings to steering wheel only or no steering wheel (which is the best option, you already have your own steering wheel. Why would you need 2?)
  4. Easy fix, delete arms and wheel while driving, you already have two arms and a wheel :)
  5. What Tom said.

It's a restriction to the wheel rotation when you have driver hands/arms enabled.

6. iRacing still hasn't updated the 90degree rotation. I'm driving with Oculus Rift, and this is the ONE thing I want them to fix
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. SnappyDEe

Premium Member

Turn off virtual wheel. It's a sim but you shouldn't have to simulate your arms and a wheel.
  8. But he's using the Oculus Rift so he needs to have it on. lol
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SnappyDEe

Premium Member