• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU IMSA Multiclass @ Imola - Sun 29Oct17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Sep 23, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 29-10-17
  1. SimonS

SimonS
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    I'm really sorry for the carnage at the start all my fault. I went off for a toilet break at the end of qual and stubbed my toe on the door in my haste to get back and didnt make it to the start of the race. Again really sorry.:(

• Haha Haha x 1
  2. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +476
    Great race everyone, it was a lot of fun!
    I made a dumb mistake in turn one because I couldn't see where @ionONE1 was... Then I just put all my money on driving without making mistakes and it paid off. Pitting early when I encountered a bit of traffic also paid off, I came out just behind Florian but his pace was just too strong for my cautious one. @JoelK was also really fast but thank god for his mistakes :p
    Had a lot of fun! Thanks again!

• Like Like x 5
  3. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug
    Premium

Ratings:
    +723
    Thanks for the race guys.

• Like Like x 7
  4. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +215
    Fun race guys, definitely didn't expect to win. In the end Camaro OP V8 power paid off :thumbsup: Fun racing @Abbie and @PresidentSmug :)

And the setup if anyone wants to give the Camaro a go (I doubt anyone will, its a handful :D)
    20171029214304_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug
    Premium

Ratings:
    +723
    Handful?? I'll turn that thing into a 1 wing God. That was my first and last thrashing from a Camero :cry::cry:

• Haha Haha x 4
  6. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +215
    I'm sure you can get the setup much better than me thats for sure :D:D, a lot of people don't seem to blend with it, bet you can get into the 1:39's. :thumbsup:

• Haha Haha x 2
  7. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,193
    A very "meh" race for me. I felt pretty good in the car when I was testing it offline earlier in the week, but immediately upon getting on track today, everything felt off and I just couldn't string a solid lap together. Didn't really improve during the race. And then the traffic came...

I probably didn't make a single clean pass I'd be satisfied with today. It seemed like every time I tried to pass someone, I immediatelly blew it somehow and went off. Now that's nothing new for me, but it still happened way too frequently in this race :( Also, for @Keule 123 - I hope I didn't make you go off in Tamburello as I was passing you. I really can't tell from the replay - obviously there was no contact, but if I pressured you into making a mistake, then I'm still sorry.

And then there's the issue of the past few laps with @pjlee1998, @PresidentSmug and I guess @JoelK... Given how bad I was with passing traffic earlier in the race, I felt truly horrified catchin up with *two* GT3's fighting for position. So I made a few desperate attempts at overtaking @PresidentSmug and even though I finally suceeded, I felt horrible for interfering in the fight, so after a few desperate attempts at overtaking @pjlee1998 as well (which I felt quite bad about), I ultimately decided to just drop back and let you guys have your race without me interfering or perhaps even ruining it with my ineptitude. I'm really sorry if what I did was frustrating for you or a bad idea in general, I just did it with the best intentions and it seemed like a good idea at the time until you mentioned it after the race. So yeah...sorry :(

Also, so many penalties and DQ's :cry:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Abbie

Abbie
    Turn 3 Motorsport Graphical Designer Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    The Audi was rubbish for its straight line speed. Shame really, but some great battling at the start.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +215
    Yes, in comparison to the Camaro the Audi is quite pathetic in a straight line :D, still some great battles though, I couldnt find my rhythm at the start, great racing though :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    We wondered what happened, like getting hit on the funny bone a stubbed toe is not fun.

11. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    Seemed strange not to see you in a Bentley.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. JoelK

JoelK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +185
    Wasn't my day clearly, after my first drive-through, i completely lost my rhythm. Took me 15 min's to notice that I changed my brake bias accidentally to 49% in the first drive-through hassle. The pace was there and the car felt absolute amazing, so I think I could've really challenge @ionONE1 for the win, if would've not made so many silly mistakes. I think getting a drive-through even after the race has finished, sums it up pretty good:roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
  13. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,193
    Also, can't say I'm a big fan of the way R3E has changed the timing bar to only show the cars from your class. In some ways it's clearly better as you can see your position in the class clearly, but leaving out the other cars makes the race feel a lot more lonely.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug
    Premium

Ratings:
    +723
    Bentley is my baby but i think I've pushed it to the limit of what i can do with that car. Time to branch out and the M6 is a tempting beast. I think its just as fast as the Bentley in a straight line, tank is smaller, fuel usage is very good compared to the rest. A very cool weapon to have. In a race where you need to refuel it has most other cars beat.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +794
    Couldn't agree more.
    As I have not been able to do any racing at all. I had no idea about this bizarre change I only knew about it as I was watching @PresidentSmug stream of the race.

Of all the requests of changes, fixes, auditions asked for I've never seen this timing bar alteration requested. Which makes it even more bizarre as many basic things have been asked for many times over a considerable period of time.

In this circumstance of multiple classes it would have been nice to see a colour coded for individual classes. For instance blue for P2 cars and orange for GT3 cars. GT3 drivers would know instantly that a blue classe car (P2 faster car) is approaching from behind and make the appropriate preparation to be past, with a considerable amount of notice. Also what we didn't have (never had) could also be added to assist in realising you are about to be lapped by the leader of the race who does not show up on the timing bar, only those in race position behind you. For instance if you are in 13th you only see 14th, 15th, 16th in the timing bar, but not first position car in between 14th and 15th for instance. As it is now, unless you've got names on in game you won't know who that P2 car is, if he has knocked you (GT3 car) off the track. Some of this could be added to non multiclass racers as well.

Like @Martin Fiala has said, "In some ways it's clearly better as you can see your position in the class clearly" I believe it would continue to be that way with the above changes.

I hope this makes sense as I am scratching my head a bit, myself.:roflmao:

Not that any of this matters as no one listens, to ideas or suggestions anyway. So let's just call it an opinion. Just saying.:roflmao:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    I'm the same, I know they said car class would appear in game but I thought they meant in results, I will see what the json file reveals.

17. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,193
    It's been like that for a while now, though. Well at least I think I've seen it in a race before.

The results at the end are also only for your class, though I obviously have no idea how it works on a server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    I've not raced in a MC event for ages but see all the results at the end of the race in spectate mode.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +794
    Wow. I think we're going to need a bigger fan because that:poop: keeps hitting it.
    I mean to say what's the point of having a multiclass race when you don't even feel like you're in one from start to finish. If it wasn't for the title of the race you wouldn't know at all. Yeah you would know when a faster car is trying to get past you.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  20. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,941
    I think your colour coded idea is the best solution to the problem and surely (I'm speaking from an ignorant pov here) wouldn't be so difficult to enable.

• Agree Agree x 4