F1 2012 Improvement Tips

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
On which areas should F1 2012 improve compared to the F1 2011 game of last year?

Control of your car when under the safety car situation...i don't need autobrake to keep me in position...i can handle that much myself...also agree with frequency...should happen a few times in certain events...and not see it at all in others...also would like to see weather consistent with the races...malaysia for instance...it could start and stop raining 3 or 4 times during the race with different intensities....instead of the usual...dry race...race starts wet and finishes dry...or race starts dry finishes wet... also fix the equal cars online...equal should mean equal...that way my set up will cross over to any car online!

An option to turn off penalties completely (For single-player). If i would like to wreak havoc, why can't i? (Again in SINGLEPLAYER!)

An option to live the important moments of 2012 from the eyes of F1 drivers. (Such as playing as Karthikeyan and trying to touch Vettel's rear-lef tyre with your front wing) (Or playing as Perez and trying to overtake Alonso etc...)

In-game helmet painter and ability to walk around the paddock, ability to interact with sorroundings is not needed for this.

AI cars should not be able to drive with drys on a wet track. This crashes the dynamic weather feature...

There could be a more detailed interaction with other drivers in the career. If you contact with one, his anger towards you increases, and after every race your relationship with all others whom you do not collide gets a little better. Also, you can effect your relationship by sending-mails and interview responds.

When a driver's grudge against you gets very high, he becomes more aggressive towards you in the race, or he may even has some extra speed to create a nice virtual rivalry :)

There could be a more detailed interaction with other drivers in the career. If you contact with one, his anger towards you increases, and after every race your relationship with all others whom you do not collide gets a little better. Also, you can effect your relationship by sending-mails and interview responds.

When a driver's grudge against you gets very high, he becomes more aggressive towards you in the race, or he may even has some extra speed to create a nice virtual rivalry :)
I love this kind of thing. In the original Toca RaceDriver they had this thing where if you hit a car quite heavily, they would come round to the garage and start having a go at you. It just made it so much more fun.

A bit of physics change would be nice especially on wet weather. IRL the difference is over 30 seconds and in the game it's under 10 sometimes. The AI is ridiculously slow and stupid. For me there was no point to race with it unless I drive on reverse. The cars seem to have some incredible grip. Lap times, hmm a bit closer the real ones would be nice too. CM should really work on the anti-cheat system. A proper PC optimization is a must! Dedicated servers, corner cutting, the ability to drive on the grass, to fly over the curbs all these should be reworked and I think they will. I won't say anything about the invisible walls cause there are no walls on the track. All are off and I'm really happy with them cause they force unfair drivers to crash :D

Driving style needs to be more important for tyre management.

The only difference between F1 2010 and '11 is that the tyres don't hold as long. However, in real F1, the drivers also need to drive different and handle the tyres much more carefully. That's not in the game at all. It doesn't matter if you go all out or treat the throttle very gently, the tyre wear is the same. And setup also barely makes a difference.
Rear tyre wear is especially badly simulated. IRL, rear tyre wear is more severe than front wear at almost all tracks, in game it's really only on 3 tracks (Monaco, Monza, Singapore).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 510 39.0%