IMPORTANT: RACE 07 leaderboards reset!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
As some of you might have seen already our leaderboards have been cleaned up today by Ramon: http://timing.racedepartment.com/

From now on every raceresult at RaceDepartment will be stored, where in the past only the hotlap server provided the data.

This means that every practice, qualy or race you race on our servers will automatically put you on the leaderboards (update once a day around 1.00 or 2.00am GMT)

RACE 07 + Expansions, GT Legends and rFactor (soon) are supported.

For you one important note: never ever run a timed lap on our servers with a nickname because removing those from the database will be really hard work (if not impossible) with thousands of datafiles. We run with real names and we want those real names on the leaderboards as well. People that mess it up will be removed from the racing club!

Only thing left is to thank Ramon van Rijn again for all his wizard work to make this possible. Thanks man :victory:

Despite the fact that i have announced it a million times now some people still don't get it and simply start logging times on the server with their nicknames and screw up the leaderboards.
This is the last time I am mentioning it and the last time i have send somebody a private message about it. Next time ill revoke offenders their club membership rights. It's enough now.
If we want to clear nicknames from the hotlap database Ramon literally has to run through hundreds of resultfiles to delete it, which you can imagine takes hours of your time, and I am sure that Mrs. Ramon has other plans with her husband then to watch him go thru stupid resultfiles 24/7.

So nicknames on the server = out!

Bram,
I don't even know why people use nicknames at all. :)
Every league I race says we MUST use real names. So why create a ninkname to race in the lobbys? But anyway, I can accept nicknames in the lobby....
But here??????????? Why?????????????? :)
Isn't only the guys registered that are not club members? Bwecause they don't need to have real names, right?

non-club members cant access the servers we run, so it are (new) clubmembers that start racing before they read the outlines properly. It's so simple and i can only agree with what you are saying Aritan. I have one account for all games i play and that is much easier then switching between multiple profiles all day, I dont understand that either to be honest.

non-club members cant access the servers we run, so it are (new) clubmembers that start racing before they read the outlines properly. It's so simple and i can only agree with what you are saying Aritan. I have one account for all games i play and that is much easier then switching between multiple profiles all day, I dont understand that either to be honest.
Indeed, I forgot about that... So they're club member, hun!?!? Interesting... Maybe they are not reading the rules carefully like you said. I prefer to think this way and not to think it's on purpose...
Well, well... Go figure... Being staff is so hard, I don't know how you guys can handle it, really!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 77 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 55 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.7%