1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMPORTANT - Playstation 3 hit by system clock bug

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Kevin Watts, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Users of the older 'fat' PS3's such as the 60GB and 40GB models have experienced problems accessing the Playstation Network today and have also experienced problems playing games with Trophy support and games downloaded from the Playstation Network. Sony believe they have a fix for the problem but recommend users of the older PS3 systems not to use their systems until the problem is resolved. This does not affect the new 'Slim' PS3 models. Users experiencing this problem have reported corrupted data which results in a loss of save games and trophies.

Again, if you have an older PS3 model Sony are advising you do not use it until a fix has been announced as you may lose data, this does not affect newer Slim model PS3's.

From the Official Sony EU blog:
  2. Sony have not officially confirmed it yet but it appears once the systems passed midnight and went into the 2nd of March the affected PS3's corrected themselves. It would be a good idea to wait for official confirmation but a number of gaming sites have users reporting their systems are now able to log back into the Playstation network and sync trophies etc
  3. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

Woah... Glad I picked up my new Slim a couple of weeks ago!

Then again, I regularly back up my saves etc. so it wouldn't have been such a big deal really...