import materiales/object

Hello Ebrich, how many time passed :D
well, this is the problem: maybe you remeber i try to make some tracks for 30's Rfactor... Lasarte and Hockenheim... I remeber the problems about Lasarte and maybe in the next months i'll redone it completely.
Now, i found a versione of Hockenheim32-37 but I don't like it very much, i'd love to change something about objects and textures, terrain,...
but, if i load on BTB i see only the track simple with anything, only tracks and elevation.
so, i'd love to bring the entire Hockenheim32-37 release and go to change it without redone everything.

Of course, i'd love anyway to redone the track, but i'd like to have already many of the object of the original release but if i save on 3Dsims as 3ds files like you told me, BTB does't recognize anyway the objects i saved.

So, my definitive questions are: what i have to do exactly to export the files from 3Dsim and utilize them on BTB?
And, it's possible to load on BTB an entire track already realized and then change it inside on BTB?

You cannot load an exported track back into BTB.
3ds file from 3Dsimed doesn't export the textures. So the easiest way to get the textures is -
open a new folder on your desktop,
open the track (the one you want the object off)
RMB to select the object
go to the "Object Instance Edit"
select the "Copy Instance" tab (5th from left, bottom row)
open a new window
"Edit" tab and "Paste"
Export - Save to 3ds, to the new folder on desktop
Export - Export Textures, to the same folder

That should then load into xpacker. You have a lot to do!
Don't forget, if you want to share your revised track you need the permission of the author. If it's for your own use only then it's OK.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back