• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Import a finished track to BTB ?

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Shreck, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Shreck

Shreck

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, i have'nt yet tryed the program, but i have a 3/4 finished track in Blender that i'm going to use for an animation, and i wonder if it's possible to import it to BTB then export it to GTR2...
    It wold be a shame to have to relocate everything... plus its a complicated track since it has 8 layouts and merging them, for what i'm reading, is going to be just painfull...

2. mianiak

mianiak

Ratings:
    +16
    I have never tried it, but I think it is possible by making it into a complex object. Ehrlec is right though, simed is the tool your looking for.

3. Shreck

Shreck

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys ! thanks for the answers !, i've been looking for that proyect, but could not find the latest version, however i found a somewhat early save wich contains all of the objects, specific for the racetrack that i intend to recreate, (Autodromo Oscar A. Galvez, Buenos Aires, Argentina) such as the main gate, boxes row, restaurant, vip section, etc. i suppose i'll give it a go starting it from scratch, importing the objects that i already have... i'll let you know when i have a wip to show...
    Thanks again !
    BTW, in blender all major structures where ready, missing only materials and some details, such as fences, tyrewalls and trees... but's useless now... thanks to Seagate Barracuda...

4. Raido

Raido

Ratings:
    +14
    Uh, I think the Galvez/Buenos Aires track has been done for all sims several times already... (This one new layout?)

5. Shreck

Shreck

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Raido, i intend to do all of the "worth racing" layouts, that would be about 7... plus, i enjoy modeling as much as racing, so i don't really care if there are other versions...