DiRT Rally IMPACT Force Feedback 4.0 or NERVE Enhanced FFB for Dirt Rally 0.45

Now i am not sure what is going on here.

But i tried both files and both gives me no ffb at all.
I mean this is simple enough. Extract to root folder of the game done right ?
Tried deleting the folder then extracting. Same no FFB at all in game.

anyone has any idea why this would be?
Right now i deleted the files and did the steam verify cache integrity since this is not working for me right now.

Edit: Fixed - After verifying game file and copying on the new file in i was able to get it working. ( impact FFB 4.0 )
OUTSTANDING !!!

So lets turn this thread on what is your favorite FFB mod? What one do you prefer and why ?

Last edited:
right....

I think impact is miles better when you play them back to back. You cant really go back to NERVE the alignment forces are too strong all feels very clunky and disjointed. However IMPACT I like the tyre twisting feel that you get (everything 100 alignment force 65 on a t300 gte).....it feels very good on gravel, and pretty realistic to my real life experience. Tarmac ( I haven't rallied on tarmac) but for me feels all off. But that's not this mods fault..no way. its the handling on tarmac , its just too twitchy almost like its got f1 like downforce and grip!?! You try counter steering a slide and I just end up over compensating by the snappy flick the grip seems to have. Back to the tarmac ffb in this mod. I would say the road rumble needs to be far more smoother like your riding undulations and cambers not a really bad rutty road. The effect should feel more wavey if you know where im coming from not zigzaggy?!

But yeah impact is good very good.

Only if CM could get the tarmac grip more between what it is now and gravel. tyres don't seem to slide they just constantly giving grip.

Anyway temp great work..!!!

right....

I think impact is miles better when you play them back to back. You cant really go back to NERVE the alignment forces are too strong all feels very clunky and disjointed. However IMPACT I like the tyre twisting feel that you get (everything 100 alignment force 65 on a t300 gte).....it feels very good on gravel, and pretty realistic to my real life experience. Tarmac ( I haven't rallied on tarmac) but for me feels all off. But that's not this mods fault..no way. its the handling on tarmac , its just too twitchy almost like its got f1 like downforce and grip!?! You try counter steering a slide and I just end up over compensating by the snappy flick the grip seems to have. Back to the tarmac ffb in this mod. I would say the road rumble needs to be far more smoother like your riding undulations and cambers not a really bad rutty road. The effect should feel more wavey if you know where im coming from not zigzaggy?!

But yeah impact is good very good.

Only if CM could get the tarmac grip more between what it is now and gravel. tyres don't seem to slide they just constantly giving grip.

Anyway temp great work..!!!

Ah, that damn feeling on Tarmac! Its the bane of my existence right now. If I lower it, you lose the rocky feeling on gravel, if I give it a longer wave, it needs to be stronger to feel it, and that makes it push the wheel, and it feels odd on Gravel.
Perhaps I'll just have to give up on subtle tarmac feedback for now. I was really disappointed when Codemasters removed the surface type force feedback effects. They were canned sure, but they meant you didn't need to try and make a single system (suspension) give a full range of surface feedback!

ah temp, it was but a minor issue I had, its doesn't really knock your mod, its still awesome work. I feel your pain with that, so its a compromise. Just battered a seat around Germany after a while the rattling didn't bother me. Although my t300 rattles quite loudly the tarmac effect lol :)

I agree with MsportDan. The problem is not with the FFB when it comes to tarmac. The cars/surface just has way too much grip to the point of being utterly ridiculous and the grip falloff in a slide is like a cliff, all or nothing.

I don't even bother to drive the tarmac stages or pikes peak it's so horrendous and laughably wrong.

The RWD on dirt or gravel feels nearly spot on.

I hope you don't drive in real life, because braking during a slide is probably the worst you can do.
It will never stop the slide — it will only make it worse...
Do some reading on "traction/friction circle" and "contact patch", and you will see.

Lets expand on that little bit.
Braking merely moves the weight (even more) to the front of the car and causes the rear rotate even faster.
To "resque" a slide neatly, just apply the throttle (depending how much slide you want to/or have determines how much throttle input is needed.) and countersteer.
If you are sensing or are already over rotating, handbrake helps to straighten the car, and clutch down with handbrake and gently braking while coutersteering in this case would be to just avoid the crash rather than getting smooth exit.
HANDBRAKES: The handbrake on the rear wheels is a destabiliser. I don’t like it too much because it pitches a car into a slide without shifting much weight to the front wheels and so in a high-speed drift it can be unpredictable. However, if you’re about to go off the road, or if you have a very tight corner and not enough speed or room to initiate a pendulum, then you can consider pulling the handbrake. If you have a hydraulic handbrake with a long lever, like mine, you can have a little more control. But it’s a blunt tool. Note that AWD cars with viscous centre differentials (i.e. almost all of them) will not allow you to use the handbrake for the rear wheels only – the diff will lock and you’ll be braking all four wheels, but not with much force. You’ve been warned.
http://www.oldrallysport.on.ca/articles/Driving.html

Impact 3.0 and 4.0 mixture seems to be the best option atm.
I will do some adjusting and I'll upload my file for you @TemplarGFX to see what I mean.

I hope you don't drive in real life, because braking during a slide is probably the worst you can do.
It will never stop the slide — it will only make it worse...
Do some reading on "traction/friction circle" and "contact patch", and you will see.
I meant Brake + E-Brake to stop the car (I was referring to AFTER your have lost control :p). Its like I am on ice until a point them BAM. the car nearly flips cos the grip suddenly stops it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 40.0%