Imola Confirmed For RaceRoom Next Week

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Imola Confirmed 2.jpg

Sector3 Studios have confirmed the next patch for the RaceRoom Racing Experience will be available next week, and it looks set to include the new Imola DLC track!

As previewed earlier last week, Sector3 have built what appears to be a highly polished digital version of the legendary Italian track for RaceRoom Racing Experience, adding the circuit to the game store as early as the upcoming patch due for public release late next week.

Famous for both its flowing curves and as the scene of fatal accidents for Roland Ratzenburger and Ayrton Senna in 1994, the RaceRoom edition of Imola will of course be the most recent and up to date layout of a track much changed over the years.

Also known as the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, the Imola circuit has played host to numerous Formula One Grand Prix since making its debut on the calendar during the 1963 season. Since that non championship Formula One race won by the great Jim Clark, Imola has held many Formula One and other high level bike and car events, not least of which would be the famous 1980 running of the race under the Italian Grand Prix moniker, seeing Imola host the Italian round of the championship as a temporarily alternative to the usual home in Monza. Such was the success of the 1980 running, Imola would continue to host Formula One races under the San Marino Grand Prix title, giving Italy two Grand Prix per year and becoming the unofficial home of the Ferrari team.

Imola is 4.9km in length and the lap record stands at 1:24.355 by Damon Hill, driving for Williams Renault in the ill fated 1994 running of the Formula One race.

RaceRoom Imola Confirmed 1.jpg RaceRoom Imola Confirmed 3.jpg RaceRoom Imola Confirmed 4.jpg RaceRoom Imola Confirmed 5.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available for PC as a free base game, with further content updates available from the RaceRoom Store.

RaceRoom Imola Confirmed 7.jpg
RaceRoom Imola Confirmed 8.jpg
RaceRoom Imola Confirmed 6.jpg

Take your RaceRoom Racing Experience online with RaceDepartment. Check out our Club and League Racing sub forum for a great place to sample a popular and wide cross-section of cars and tracks from Sector3 Studios current racing simulation. As well as organised Club and League events, we also host a number of mods and car setups, plus a thriving sub forum dedicated to this racing title.

Looking forward to Imola coming to RaceRoom? Any other tracks you would particularly like to see in future? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Love RaceRoom.. but my biggest problem is with the cost of new content for those that bought the premium pack....Let me explain..

Just before they released the KTM I bought the entire collection with the "Premium Pack".. Since purchasing this pack many new cars and tracks have been released. If I want to buy all the newly released content i'd have to spend another $40-odd USD for all the additional cars tracks and liveries.. and that's only 5 tracks and about 10 cars.. Don't even get me started on charging for Liveries!!! Doesn't it make sense that those that have already purchased the pack should be able to buy the new content at a discount commensurate to the premium pack discount - 86% at the moment..

What really doesn't make sense is that i can buy the "pro pack" (the pack below the premium) which has some WTCC cars i don't have for a 99% discount or the beginner pack for a 99% discount .. but as I have already purchased the Premium.. there is no option to 'top up' my content for a discounted price..

I would like to see them support their existing customer base... especially those that have already dropped a fair bit on content..

END RANT:cautious::speechless:

Love RaceRoom.. but my biggest problem is with the cost of new content for those that bought the premium pack....Let me explain..

Just before they released the KTM I bought the entire collection with the "Premium Pack".. Since purchasing this pack many new cars and tracks have been released. If I want to buy all the newly released content i'd have to spend another $40-odd USD for all the additional cars tracks and liveries.. and that's only 5 tracks and about 10 cars.. Don't even get me started on charging for Liveries!!! Doesn't it make sense that those that have already purchased the pack should be able to buy the new content at a discount commensurate to the premium pack discount - 86% at the moment..

What really doesn't make sense is that i can buy the "pro pack" (the pack below the premium) which has some WTCC cars i don't have for a 99% discount or the beginner pack for a 99% discount .. but as I have already purchased the Premium.. there is no option to 'top up' my content for a discounted price..

I would like to see them support their existing customer base... especially those that have already dropped a fair bit on content..

END RANT:cautious::speechless:
Agreed - but their model replicates that of others. I've spent £12 since purchasing all content but the WTCC pack was 99p

OMG I've just realised I've become "one of those people".

I've seen an announcement of some content, then proceeded to ignore it and ask about something different! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :laugh:

I think this is OK when it's paid content.

Just don't do it to the modders. The free ones, anyway.

If there are any left.

Yea, I'll probably buy it, but ain't my favorite track... It's okay, but rather some some other stuff right now, like a few more nordic tracks, like Våller, Jyllans-ringen, Ahvenisto, or some new series, like V8 Thundercars (aka the new Camaro Cup that was in Race 07) or TCR cars (that for example STCC uses now)

Yea, I'll probably buy it, but ain't my favorite track... It's okay, but rather some some other stuff right now, like a few more nordic tracks, like Våller, Jyllans-ringen, Ahvenisto, or some new series, like V8 Thundercars (aka the new Camaro Cup that was in Race 07) or TCR cars (that for example STCC uses now)

Would be nice with a fully fledge DTC license with the Thundercars + all tracks that are run in the season.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back