I'm shocked about AI

I don't normally wade into these discussions as the contest to prove which sim is 'the best' is tiresome.

I found this quote on the rF2 forum:
Glitches exist in every video game and sim. That's just how it is. People using those glitches to judge the entirety of a title need to get real imo
That's very true and the person who posted it should live by their words.

From the same thread, the following is from the keyboard of Tim Weatley (click to expand):

Also worth noting that only Codemasters, Kunos, LFS, Papyrus/iRacing (who bought the NR2003 engine) and ISI developed from scratch with their engines among the devs I readily think of. Most other devs either use our engine hardly modified, slightly modified, very modified or have re-written most of the code (in an evolutionary process through previous titles) so although it is their engine, the ISI code remains in places (and could be COMPLETELY different), and they certainly might not have got there as fast without the leg up.

Anyone who licenses our engines instantly saves themselves about six years of trial and error, staffing costs, etc. It is NOT easy. That is one of the reasons Kunos should probably get more respect around here IMHO. And why the lack of understanding about what has been achieved with rF2 can seem frustrating.

Yes, the AI is Assetto Corsa is a work in progress and currently the AI ranges from awful to decent. Quite rightly Kunos deserve some terse words and constructive criticism about the state of AC.. That said, I'm yet to read that Assetto Corsa's development is finished, the current AI are 'as intended' or that Assetto Corsa 2 is on the horizon.

One modding team believes there are issues with aspects of the physics engine in Assetto Corsa which proves one modding team believes there are issues with aspects of the physics engine.

The development of Assetto Corsa isn't complete, nor is rF2 (e.g. the wet weather is still borked), RaceRoom RE, iRacing, Project Cars or Stock Car Extreme. This doesn't mean that each of these sims isn't without merit or is not work owning. Play them all , enjoy each for what they offer and rejoice that we've gone from people declaring the death of the sim racing genre to people bemoaning they can't find time to play each sim.

Modders please close this thread before we begin to attack these 2 trollers (hexagramme and associat0r). There's no point to continue discussing this nonsense.

Agree.... This is probably what the OP intended. ..... A little smoke and the fire will start and spread to a couple of pages.

Close this thread pls.

I am so glad I only race online against real people and never against the AI in any game. Saves me a lot of time going through such threads and having to reply with my opinion ... oh wait.

Close this thread pls.
Threads get closed when forum rules are breached, which in this case isn't a fact.

The old adagio still applies though that certain people shouldn't be fed. Or use the awesome ignore functionality that our forum software offers.

I am so glad I only race online against real people and never against the AI in any game. Saves me a lot of time going through such threads and having to reply with my opinion ... oh wait.

That's really funny because the fact is that most "real people" are even more retarded than the current AI drivers IMO.

But I guess it only reflects reality in one way or another because the general population is really really stupid.

Threads get closed when forum rules are breached, which in this case isn't a fact.

The old adagio still applies though that certain people shouldn't be fed. Or use the awesome ignore functionality that our forum software offers.
I don't know if they bothered to change their IP or if RD staff does IP checks for fake accounts. So maybe it could be closed, because is just a flame baiting thread started for that purpose, with a fake account, from someone already with a normal acc in RD. Of course according to my suspicions, but idk if admins check for that using ip checks.

Thankfully not the people I race with on non-public servers :thumbsup:

For more than 6 years busy with simracing now, I quickly concluded that public servers nearly always were a real nightmare, sometimes worse than AC AI :D .... except in some very well organized servers .... and on all game platforms.

That's the reason why I'm only driving in organized clubs and leagues. There are rules and they have to be respected.
Add to this that the more you drive with the same drivers the best you know them and their driving talent or/and mistakes. The more you'll drive with them the cleaner and safer the races will happen.

That's why I may understand the drivers, who might just drive on public servers and haven't time at the normal league or club racing hours but just wish to drive offline with AI ..... and complain about the actual AI's behaviour.

But I'm in complete agreement with Bram's assertions: non-public servers is the first and best place to drive and have fun.

AC AI is powered by Maldonado!!!

Just kidding, I'm having fun with AC and the AI's. Just have problems with the f1 in spa. I guess there is some problem with most powerful cars and surely it get solved soon. Stefano is great at doing his job, that's why we must trust.

How many years has refactor 2 been in development? So...just keep calm and carry on. And don't behave stupid in track so the AI doesn't have to react to our stupid acts. Don't brake too early, don't brake too late, don't crash them, drive in the line, overtake clean. Learn to race and won't get that bothered with AI because it's not that bad now. And real people makes mistakes too, so don't blame the game when taking realism to that level.

Or you can always run faster and leave them behind so they don't bother you!

I had some fun myself yesterday with mixed GT2/GT3 official and mod cars at Mugello yesterday, although they did hit me quite a few times and caused me to spin. I think with a good setup of AI I could have similar experience in AC as in Race07 and GSC (apart from aggression adjustment, making mistakes, and pitting. I wish Kunos improves those).

My topmost suggestion is: avoid three wide indeed!

I think AI are most fun when they are about the same pace as me, and have relatively similar brake point. So I guess many good drivers complain about AI because they are much faster and better than the AI, and the AI does nothing but ruins their race.

Also I feel the AI' brake might be a little bit too effective.

I have a question.

Current AC AI implementation works using the car physics to drive the car. How different it is from other titles, like rFactor or pCars? I remember on rFactor there is some kind of track path defined, that is followed by the AI, but I am not 100% if the AI cars are enforced to use the physics engine limiting it capability by the car performance. I have always though that AC AI is revolutionary and unique on that aspect, which it may be harder to get it right, but I am glad they followed that approach. I am confident it will keep improving as time goes by.

@Radu Oros
Majorly false accusations. I didn't even know it was a new account until you pointed it out.
Anyway stick to the topic please.

Very convenient this first post showing a video of your friend Hexagramme.
Like Radu and hopefully a lot of other, we can see your pathetic strategy, it is very transparent.

Don't you have better use of your time, like helping people at the ISI forum or, god forbid , spend time driving in RF2?

It might be pathetic, but I can't see any violation of any Rule we have here at RD. As @Bram already stated. So: Don't feed the Trolls please, and stay on Topic ( if there is any ;) )
If you don't know how, this picture might help---->
please-do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years