1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm planning on picking back up on GT5. Have they addressed the 24-hour races?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Mohameddo-san, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

When I last played Gran Turismo 5 last year, the player had to stay up for 24 real-world hours.

Can you now save between races?

I think I have asked this before...

2. I think you are talking about the 24 Hour Endurance Races ?

During Endurance Races, you can save and turn off the PS3 or play another game, however when you go back on GT5, you must continue with the Endurance Race.

3. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

i didn't know that was possible is it like that to all the endurance races?

4. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Yes, it is. It's available upon entering the pits in all endurance events.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock
    I'M BACK... Again :)

I've yet to do a 24hr race :( I might be tempted now

6. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

I couldn't resist back in February 2011. 24 Hours of Le Mans within 50 real-life hours, all on my own in my Peugeot 908 HDI FAP. 7 hours / 11 hours / 6 hours (Friday/Saturday/Sunday).

It was pretty hard to make it to the finish on Sunday - especially since I had built a large gap but didn't want to stop the car with an hour left. What really helped: fresh air, lots of fresh air.

7. woah - that's dedication!

8. Same hear completed all 24 hr races in proper time.Bit of a pain especially now you can save game in pits.(easy as)platinum game november 2011...BOOOM

9. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock
    I'M BACK... Again :)

Mmm, you have got me thinking though, I might attempt the 4 hour nurburgring endro first and see how I cope