I'm only hoping my PC issues are simply a deteriorating CMOS battery.

Lately, I have been having Blue Screen issues.

After the blue screen issues, when I try to boot my computer, there is no POST beeps, no BIOS until two minutes have passed.

After two minutes, the computer is able to boot without issues.

The computer does not boot at least twenty-four hours after use, which brings me to my hypothesis that the battery is heading towards its deathbed; I have evidence that supports this hypothesis of mine:

-Half a year ago, when I moved my PC to the back room - which had no heater and the room was as cold as the winter weather - the battery failed to syncronise the date and time.
-I guess it did not become a major issue until I overused my PC; there is a small chance other components have been affected, but, I'm sure my battery is the primary cause, because the graphics card is healthy as can be; the memory may have had a few errors, but, it still managed to run without major issues.

As I said, I'm only hoping it's a dying battery and nothing else. Some of you might think otherwise. Do let me know about it.

Seems like I was mostly correct when I said it was a CMOS issue; I reset the RTC RAM on my board, inserted the new battery, went into msconfig.exe to disable all starup applications, restarted, enabled startup apps that were most necessary, rebooted, and everything seems fine, so far.

I only hope it stays this way and my computer does not succumb to electrostatic discharge even after touch the back of my PSU after touching inside components. (I did not wear my wrist strap after I inserted the battery).

I am quite relieved at the moment.

The CMOS battery will rarely effect your system as far as blue screens. The reason is that if you lose the CMOS, it will reset to default safe settings that will allow your system to run, but not optimally. My best guess without seeing what you have disabled is that you have a program that is causing the issue and you have it disabled now.

The only other potential issue again as a best guess with the time it takes to reboot is the fact that you have something heating up and it has to cool enough for it to function properly again. I would start with the heat issue and see what you find out.

Jim, could you not be any more right than now? :p

One huge problem is air flow/component overheating; Chances are one of the components may have suffered terminal damage from excessive heat.

I might use my multimeter on the PSU, even though, many people who did that had a healthy voltage; I will also reapply thermal compound on the CPU; if there is no termibnal damage to any component, I might need to find some ways to improve air flow within the case, or maybe, find a more accomadating case.

David is spot on this time and there is more detail; it turns out there was a plethora of dust around the heatsink and near the CPU. Even worse, the thermal compound almost dried up, perhaps because my processor usage was around 90% when running games or other demanding applications.

The thing about the CPU heatsink and even the CPU is that even if I use the straw to dust them thoroughly, they still remain, so I had to take it out to clean it wholly.

So far, it has been acting like a healthy PC, even when the ASUS dual-core feature is activated. Nonetheless, even in the slightest sense, I don't want to raise my hopes up.

Well, just to make sure, you could run a memtest overnight, one of the easiest tests to do. If you can run 12 hours straight without a single error, memory is ok.

An overheating CPU is likely to cause a BSOD, do you happen to know the exact codes of the BSODs? If it's that, at least the CPU shouldn't be damaged, they throttle down when they reach dangerous temperatures. Which CPU is it, and what temperatures do you usually have?

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 45 10.1%
  • €3001-5000