1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new to this!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pencil, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Hi, I'm very new to sim racing, I only recently got a racing wheel a couple of days ago (Thrustmaster T150) and I'm loving it, best 100 quid I've ever spent, my lap times are alright but I have a hella lotta improving to do, sooo as a newbie does I signed up to the biggest racing sim community on the internet :D
    Are there setup guides for racing wheels? Such as my T150, FFB and in game settings?
    Or tips or tutorials on how to take a line correctly round a track? Or maybe an entire video dedicated to learning a track or do I just learn with experience, how does it work?

Anyway that's why I signed up here so I can soak in all the information possible to get good really :D

Thanks to anyone who read!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Hi, and welcome to Race Department.
    You've came to the right place to learn about sim racing.
    You don't say what games you currently own/play and that can effect your wheel settings.
    If you look through the various game threads that interest you you'll find wheel settings and setup advice and of course.you can ask questions relating to that sim.
    Our race clubs welcome new members and using Teamspeak will get you plenty of help from others. There are also driving academy's for premium members. YT is a source for tuition videos on racing as well.
    Hope you enjoy your time here at RD.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hi Kenny
    Thanks for the warm welcome, I mostly race on assetto corsa but I'm thinking picking up iRacing once I get a little better but I will definitely look through the forums here for info. I didn't realize there was such a thing as a driving academy for racing that sounds pretty neat I might look into that. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

The guys who run the AC club @Lorenzo Bonder @Matheus Machado @Tobias Röhner would definitely welcome you and it is a great place to learn and get tips.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

Yep. If you're interested in testing the waters in AC, take a look at our club section. Beginners are most welcome too :)
    • Like Like x 1