• "My mind is always racing." - Justin Bieber
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Tracks I'm having issues making a very simple "track"

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by lucac26, Aug 12, 2017.

1. lucac26

lucac26

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello :) So I wanted to make a very basic wide cubic map with green walls/road textures for the purpose of making chroma key videos. Being a very basic idea at first, I wanted to make it myself. But as I don't have any knowledge in modding, I ran into several issues. NB: I followed the " Blender to Assetto Corsa Tutorial" video to help me.

1st: in Blender, when I want to apply materials to an object, the texture duplicates itself (ex: instead of having only "road01", I have "road01" "road01.001" "road01.002" etc...). I want only 1 texture in my map and Blender creates like 10 others.

2nd: Once I export all of that to KS Editor, I assign the materials, but I don't see green textures. I only see white textures. Plus, instead of having 6 objects, I have now 16 objects to assign a material to.

3rd: After exporting to kn5 and putting the track folder in the game files, when opening the track in-game, an error message appears saying that the .kn5 file wasn't found.

Please help me :) I'd like to have this track done as soon as possible and with your knowledge, I think it'll be possible. Or maybe with some chance, as it's a very simple map, if anyone can do it, I wont say no ;)

Thanks in advance !

2. Matyeah

Matyeah

Ratings:
    +66
    I can make it for you, what size should the map be?

3. lucac26

lucac26

Ratings:
    +1
    Really ? Thanks :) I think 2km by 2km should be enough.
    I'd still want to know why I have these issues though.

4. Matyeah

Matyeah

Ratings:
    +66
  5. lucac26

lucac26

Ratings:
    +1
    Just tested it, it's perfect ! Thank you very much :)

• Like Like x 1