I'm finding iRacing incredible, but...

apex11

@Simberia
It's a wonderful thing, I love it, not even done a full month on it but I love the way it drives and the way its structured.
But, am I correct that just having to stop the car and press escape is the correct way to get back to pits after practice or race etc?
Having bunch of cars just stop dead on track seems utterly daft.
Also why are there so few races available in say class B?
How do i join leagues?

You are correct about how to exit your car. Some people are very rude about it and just stop in the middle of the track. On oval courses, I usually take an extra lap and pull into the pits after a race before exiting. I will sometimes do the same on road courses, but usually just find a safe place to pull over before exiting. I never stop in the middle of the track because Safety Rating is still in effect until the race is completely over. If you stop in the middle of the track and get hit, it will count.

I don't know why there are so few A and B class series. I believe there are way too many C series and some of them could be B at least.

You join leagues by clicking on the League tab and finding a league you like and requesting an invitation.

The best way to find a league you like is to check the iRacing forums for the car you want to race. There is also a separate section in the forum just for leagues.

Cool cheers. made it to class B and on 4.70 as have now realized that you can get SR by not moving up classes...silly me. Had a blast with he skippy around silverstone and won a race today in the skippy!

So far spent about £59 on cars/tracks and finding this 'game' sublime. RACEROOM has the best FFB to me at least (which ultimately all that matters in the end, how i feel it conveys my real life experiences) but iRacing is just fantastic as a whole package, the feelings it gives physically and psychologically is worth every penny so far.
I am capping myself at £100 to get to the end of my 3 month trial offer, then if i'm still into it i'll sign up for a year.
You can judge the type of person you are by how you drive on iRacing same as not everyone plays GTA and goes round randomly killing innocent people. I am mega careful of others to the point where if i had a team manager he'd be shouting at me to take few more risks!
But i don't want to mess up peoples drives or mine, its incredible how many i've come across who don't act like this, actually seen people ahead simply side swipe others, nutters, what is wrong with some people, the world is crap enough as it is without bringing that into a sim game...
But on the whole raced with some brilliant people.
Its a keeper.

good idea to cap yourself for the first three months, did that too. ended up spending about 400 or so the first two years each. After five years I am now at the point where i spend sth. like 80 a year because i have all the stuff i fancy, play regularly and cash in my benefits for the new stuff that i fancy, which is about every second item they do new. So, yes, the first two years hurt, but once you're in, just go with the flow.

Next question then, so i'm give or take few days, 1 month into my 3 month discount offer, so can i take on the 1 year upgrade at current offer price and it runs once the 3 month one is over or will it count from today thus missing out on 2 months I've already paid?
Worried now that once my 3 month offer closes the year will be back to normal price.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%