• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

im back after almost 10 years

Discussion in 'Racer' started by djrice, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Mr Whippy

Mr Whippy

Ratings:
    +462
    I remember downloading Racer at 049 ish, one Christmas in 2001 ish... I think I was about 21 then, so I'm about to become 36!

Wow, how time flies.

Ruud really needs to get the new sound system finally finished, he's been at it almost 14 years now I think :D ;)

Dave

• Haha Haha x 1
  2. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +617
    I remember when I first got into Racer you had Carlswood and the Alpine A110. I want to say it was in 2004, but can't remember for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. boomer541

boomer541

Ratings:
    +165
    My 2cents, There are many of us that have been around a long time hoping that Ruud would
    finally fix the many bugs that kept turning up.
    I've been waiting since about 2000 when I was a youngster, I'm now 78 trs old.

• Wow Wow x 1
  4. Mr Whippy

Mr Whippy

Ratings:
    +462
    I'll send Ruud another pestering email in the next few days I think :) ;)

I've been thinking a lot recently about releasing my own packages that sit alongside Ruud's official ones, that basically correct what I think are wrong where possible.

OK 'wrong' is all about perspective, but the default packages can just be so bad they put newbies off Racer.
    I have a friend who pays for iRacing and enjoys it, but also loved playing Racer on my machine with my own content, but didn't get on at all downloading the vanilla Racer and playing it.

Since so many of us have been around so long now it shows Racer still holds a great deal of potential. If we can make it the best it can be and put in hard work I think Ruud can't ignore it.
    I'm not sure we've ever made a stand alongside package before in the community, but maybe it'd work to re-invigorate Ruud to finish up a few areas of Free Racer?

Dave

• Like Like x 4
  5. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

Ratings:
    +286
    hmm...i'm starting racer, if i remember it right, in 2000 with 0.49(?) or 050f...i was 30y, now it's 2016 and i'm 46 in june....wow time went by...but i'm always a member of racer comunity!

Ruud, if you have a little spare time, please work on racer!

THX

regards
    Alex

6. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +617
    That sounds like a good plan to me. And maybe something to help first time users with an easier setup?

I don't think a stand alongside package has ever been made but there was that D1GP "total mod" that was made some time ago, that might count.

7. GizmoY

GizmoY

Ratings:
    +64
    Dude...Its been a whilst!

8. tormento19

tormento19

Ratings:
    +18
    I'm with you Dave, waiting to new betas!

9. GizmoPower

GizmoPower

Ratings:
    +9
    Damn! How are you folks?
    Havent been in here for a while myself.
    I think I joined in 2004, I was 29 then...
    I thin it was RSC then..?

• Love Love x 1
  10. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Same here man... it's terrifying. :p

Hey Dave, I think this is a fantastic idea. A more "user-friendly" version for those who don't want to tinker for ages to get it working just right ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. djrice1988

djrice1988

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry guys pc was down for a wile im back again. gizmo we need to hook up again dude and do ratchet stuff again lol email me when you see this djrice19882@gmail.com