iGP Manager

Coming to the end of our first season I made some changed in my staff and had already begun designing next years car. I hired an expensive up and coming 18 year old driver who paid off immediately and qualified our underdeveloped car third on the grid in Singapore. I began micromanaging his race and pitted him a lap early without adding any extra fuel. The calculations seemed right and my driver was set to finish third while his teammate was languishing in 20th (out of 32.. so not too bad!). I leave the room to clean the house a bit. Come back and find out that my driver ran out of fuel on the last turn. UGH!

Racing can be a bitch

Just started to play it and there are a few features which are missing and I am surprised aren't there.

I am comparing this game to a similar game called PitStopBoss which I was playing from March 2010 - October 2010 and I was ranked in the Top 100 before I quit.

iGp has a poor layout and has limited fuctions on controlling your car livery and actual performance. The game also includes no tutorial and takes a while to get into to. However, the races are performed well and I have yet to see any glitches with the game. I am also surprised at the lack of communication that is possible with other members of the site. There is a forum and I think you can send messages but I would of liked a chatbox area somewhere on the site for quick help and chatter, especially when you have nothing to do during a race for example.

PitStopBoss did not have a Race Feature and only consisted of Practice Sessions when I was playing it. Races were in development but I don't think Race's are fully compatible with PSB yet. But there was quick help available through a chatbox + there was features such as a Pyramid League which was fully set up by the Website Owners unlike many of the leagues found on iGP and the abaility to make an Alliance with other members and make a group of managers who could work together to win Alliance Cups. Academies could also be made by more experienced managers to help rookies and give feedback to anyone who wanted help.

Both games are good, however iGp is still missing many features which would make it an extrodinary Racing Manager Game.

@Bradley: A few of these features you are talking about, such as thwe tutorial are actually in development. Also there is infact a chat box system available in the 2D viewer which you have to pay to use however. I believe they MIGHT be developing controls for the live timing screen too however i'm not 100% on that. I'm sure if you posted some of your suggestions, such as the chat box feature, in the suggestions forum they would certainly be heard.

Each league actually has a tier system, although there are no specific leagues setup as official iGP leagues right now. Also the game will be updated on a quarterly basis so a lot of features are set to come in the next 3 months to improve gameplay outside of races.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back