iGP Manager

British independent developer iGP games have officially announced December 11[SUP]th[/SUP] as the release date for their highly anticipated massively multiplayer grand prix management game iGP Manager. The game will be the culmination of a nearly 3 year project that was intentionally developed in secret.

The game will allow players to assume the role of a manager and create, customize, and manage their own racing team through a smooth web based interface. They will have the ability to build their team through a randomly generated international market of drivers, commercial managers, technical directors, chief designers, doctors, etc all with their own strengths and weaknesses. The game will also feature RPG elements in that drivers and staff members will be able to earn experience and increase their abilities based on several factors. The managers will be able to gain levels which will unlock abilities that allow them to accurately judge the abilities of their staff, secure contracts, and have access to greater facilities. Managers will be challenged to direct the design of a car through a variety of options and build relationships with engine, tyre, and fuel suppliers. They will also have the ability to build facilities, manage finances, secure sponsors, develop setups, and create strategies for the race.
38937d1321377027-live-20race.jpg.html

iGP Manager will allow players to create their own leagues and customize several options including the time and duration of a race. Leagues can last for a couple weeks or be stretched out over the course of the year. A dynamic weather system will be included that will fetch daily weather reports from the actual real-world location of the circuit. The game will also include compatibility with social networking sites such as Facebook and have its own forum community.

The genre of grand prix management has been in severe lack for the past few years with only a few titles and browser based platforms surfacing with very little success. The developers of iGP manager promise to revive the genre and redefine the standards behind it by introducing innovative features that allow the player to actively assume the role of team principal in live races. Managers will have the option to actively change strategies, issue orders, control KERS/DRS, chat, and more. This will all take place through a browser-based 2D engine with promises of a 3D engine in the future.
38938d1321377028-staff.jpg.html

As of press date, iGP manager will be free to play with optional subscriptions available for premium features. They promise continuous post-launch updates on a quarterly basis and to have a strong connection to the feedback of their player base.

For more information, check out iGP Manager's website and official press release at www.igpmanager.com

Stay tuned in the coming weeks as we report on our pre-launch playtest impressions and conduct interviews with the lead developers of iGP Games. Make sure and sound off your thoughts on the forum!

Attachments

• rd_igplaunch.jpg
    rd_igplaunch.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 12,348
  • live%20race.jpg
    live%20race.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,196
  • staff.jpg
    staff.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 1,273
I have been looking for a good grand prix manager for a while. While there are some web-based ones out there they seem to lack certain features that give you that sense of immersion. Based off my early impressions I think it will be quite an enjoyable game. As Bruno said, we will see how it goes. Oh and sorry for not posting up screenshots I am quite the noob and still can't get those up correctly/resize them!

I tested the beta about a month back and I have to say it was not good. You seemed to be able to race in any championship or create your own but they always ended up being part-filled so you were only competing against a few opponents and it all seemed unorganised. From what I can tell, you will need to pay if you stand a chance of doing well and I have seen how a similar system has been used in another game without success. Eventually, every team will end up with the same level of equipment/personnel and that makes it become dull. There are better free racing manager games that do not have these issues.

Adam Eggbeer;983888 said:
I tested the beta about a month back and I have to say it was not good. You seemed to be able to race in any championship or create your own but they always ended up being part-filled so you were only competing against a few opponents and it all seemed unorganised. From what I can tell, you will need to pay if you stand a chance of doing well and I have seen how a similar system has been used in another game without success. Eventually, every team will end up with the same level of equipment/personnel and that makes it become dull. There are better free racing manager games that do not have these issues.

Right but you are testing a beta and comparing them against other free racing manager games that are the final product. Beta testing is just that.. beta testing. I participated in the same beta and there were some features that were not being tested at the moment. Everyone is given adequate money and an accelerated development path in order to test out certain kinks. Let us reserve these type of judgments until the game comes out. I will be releasing another article in the coming weeks about my playtest and we will see how it goes from there.

Actually Brandon, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Why not listen to the people who had first hand experience?

Make sure and sound off your thoughts on the forum!

So I take that as my invitation :) And I have to say I second Adam's opinion unfortunately, the game got boring VERY quickly and it took way too long to gain enough XP to be able to move up to the next step

Chris Butcher;983988 said:
Actually Brandon, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Why not listen to the people who had first hand experience?

So I take that as my invitation :) And I have to say I second Adam's opinion unfortunately, the game got boring VERY quickly and it took way too long to gain enough XP to be able to move up to the next step

Chris, you are correct. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Good thing i didn't challenge this! I have had the same kind of first hand experience. I have been involved with testing this game for over a year now. All I asked was that folks set aside their final judgement until the product is ready for review. When you place your opinion on an unfinished product and compare that product to finished products then you are committing a fallacy of logic. Whenever a game is in a beta stage testers are usually testing out only a few features at a time. Adam complained of the following:

- Not enough people
- It all seemed unorganized
- Believes it will be a "Pay to win" concept.

These are legitimate concerns but it should be restated that beta was limited to only a certain amount of people testing very specific features. The reason why they had these tests were to be able to tweak any game mechanics that did not seem to work. I only ASK that people reserve final judgment for the final product on the 11th of december.

The F2P system works quite well in such games as League of Legends... It CAN work here as well.

Yes it is still a Beta, however I have not heard anything that relieves my concerns. If people are allowed to create their own championships, then there will always be too many of them for the number of people playing the game. The "Pay to win" concept has been shown to me several times regarding the game and even in the E-mail I received yesterday, it was still hinting towards it although it has been watered-down since I first signed up. I was comparing it to a game I've been playing for the last 5 years that was always going through development with new features and old ones being re-done so it is not technically the final product. Although it is currently down due to a massive server crash, I know that there are big developments going on for its re-release. I will wait to see what happens with igp though.

Adam Eggbeer;984288 said:
Yes it is still a Beta, however I have not heard anything that relieves my concerns. If people are allowed to create their own championships, then there will always be too many of them for the number of people playing the game. The "Pay to win" concept has been shown to me several times regarding the game and even in the E-mail I received yesterday, it was still hinting towards it although it has been watered-down since I first signed up. I was comparing it to a game I've been playing for the last 5 years that was always going through development with new features and old ones being re-done so it is not technically the final product. Although it is currently down due to a massive server crash, I know that there are big developments going on for its re-release. I will wait to see what happens with igp though.

The beta has a max number of people it would allow. In the beta right now there are 8 different leagues but I am participating in one that has 13 team involved. I don't think this is going to be as much as a problem as one might think.

I think your concerns are legit to have and I hope you expressed them by submitting feedback during beta testing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 97 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 73 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.8%