1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IFM @ Road One, Thursday, 22 January 2015

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: International Formula Master
    Track: Road One (download here)
    Games: Race 07, Race On

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -Enzo Fazzi
    3. -Nelson Ullinskey
    4. -Peter Ell
    5. -Aleksander Pienkowski
    6. -Reggie Blain
    7. -Reggie Blain Snr
    8. -Björn Golda
    9. -Alex Odell
    10. -Stig Bidstrup
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

Sign me up please!
  3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Track Boundaries:
    Two wheels on the track at all times.
    Failing in practice is acceptable but:
    If you get used to doing it it's difficult to do it right.
    PLEASE, make every attempt to stay "legal" on your qualifying laps.

And of course, if I hear any complaints of anyone going wide too often, I will check everyone's laps, each and every one done in the races. Some heads may roll, muhahaha :devilish:
  4. Sign me up, please.
  5. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

edit: removed, wrong race. :sick::cautious:
  6. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

add my dad and me plz Dennis also to the mini Friday as well
  7. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

IFMs! In! :)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201504):
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.
  8. ajokay

Real-ish Racer

I finally have a free evening, so I'm in!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

I'm afraid I have to sign out. Sorry! :(
  10. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

11. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

@Alex Odell - FYI, you're getting mismatched for the "FORMULA.CAM" file (I don't think it displays the file to the user)

Instead of doubleposting, I'll just edit this one ;)

This simply was a perfect track/car-combo, great fun, although I had a fairly lonely race #1 (won't complain, though ;)) and a fairly disconnect-y race #2.
    Got a few laps in yesterday, and using Dennis' setup from Abu Dhabi, I got pretty fast soon. Fast-forward to today, I gained a bit more time but both Nelson and Reggie were those last few tenths faster - qualified in P3 right behind them.

With an alright start into the first race, I kept P3 and when Nelson and Reggie got into each other (and the wall) at the chicane, took over the lead.
    While I figured they would re-gain some of the lost 20-ish seconds, they would've to go through traffic, so I counted on Peter, Alex, Stig and the like to keep them busy while I concentrated on doing steady laps.
    That worked out fairly well and resulted in my first victory in quite some time/2015 ;)

Race #2 didn't go too well as I got disconnected towards the end of an exciting first lap - oh well, there's always next time - see you then!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Very exciting races for me. My car was a version of the infamous Abu Dhabi car that Bjorn used, just tweaked a tiny bit and it was a blast to drive. I could do laps quickly and still stay on track!

Oh the track! This one, wide enough to easily allow passing, did someone say three wide in the hairpin? Maybe too wide but allowed these cars to just take their own reins and fly the way we like to at Spa!

My races were not full of close hard work next to other drivers but situations that others got into allowed me to have good reason to push as hard as I could for entire races.This became bothersome in R2 when my right hand started to get some wicked cramps but I got through them! Still. I was happy to let a faster driver through without blocking.

Sorry to Reg Snr for the bump in R2. Here's a good excuse, my wife came home early and well, you heard the dogs barking on TS. I was delaying my entry to the grid, hoping that the excitement of her arrival would pass and the noise would drop. I had to wait till the last second but the noise level did diminish and make it easier for me. Sorry if my delayed entry caused people to have their tire temperatures drop and hope this wasn't a reason for any messes on track.

Next weeks events are at a nice circuit but the mod is not up to the standards of this track designer. We'll lose a great deal of background detail, it's really dumbed down and bland. Upcoming tracks will be more up to our usual standard :)
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Peter Ell

Peter Ell
    Τό γοργόν καί χάριν ἔχει. Premium Member

..........................With my set up I created a rusty scrap metal on track.
    .......................In race I seemed more as a scrap dealer than a race driver.
    ................ upload_2015-1-23_0-42-2.png
    ...............................Now seriously, race was great and I enjoyed it.
    ............................By the way, I'm glad that @Björn finished first on R1.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  14. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

I have a nice live onboard recording from heat 1 ( 3 laps no editing ) HD.
    high speed take no prisoners---kind of action :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Thrilling! Always fun to watch a good drive. Maybe the virtual mirror would have helped there?
  16. ajokay

Real-ish Racer

Cheers @Björn, no it doesn't show, but I knew which file it was as I made custom on-board cameras for our International Masters of Formula R race videos (You know... life-like ones, not ones that float in space alongside the car by magic!)

My races were... not good. I had ok pace, especially on heavier fuel. I was running behind @Stig Bidstrup into turn 4 on lap 3 of race 1 (as shown in his video above) and had a run on him in the slipstream. I started to pull alongside and decided to go right as I thought he'd stay on the inside. Guess you didn't see me and moved right as well. Our wheels tangled and we both spun off. I was able to continue and Stig wasn't, which was a shame. But my car felt damaged after that.

Race 2 I was leading for half a lap or so before @Reggie Blain wandered on by. Then lap 2 at the turn 2 hairpin, @Peter Ell was on my inside and nudged me a little on the edit and I spun into the wall. Thanks for waiting Peter, but you didn't have to, I would have gone backwards on my own soon enough! In the end I quit due to spinning too much. The track felt really nice and well designed and modelled, but as I said, it's almost like it needs to be scaled down in every axis by 30%. Felt like driving a scalextric car on a real track!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1