1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

If you could only pick one sim !

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Jason Palmer, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Jason Palmer

Jason Palmer
    Premium Member

As the title suggests really, if you could only have one driving/racing sim which one would you pick over all the others.

For me it would have to be iracing.com, even with it all its faults the adrenaline rush this sim gives me when lining up on a grid full of human players is just something I can't seem to get from any other sim and for some reason even after nearly three years on iracing it's still just as strong as it ever was.

So what would you pick as your only sim, let's hope it's iracing or I will be pretty lonely on that grid !

Jason.

2. Dave R

Dave R
    Premium Member

RaceRoom Racing Experience.

3. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

I was thinking what from what I have installed to choose (GSC, AC, rF2, R3E, pC, Dirt .. sim or simcade..) but than I realized (to my surprise) I would pick one I recently unistalled .. GTR Evo + expansions .. not best physics, not best graphics, not best sounds (better than most with my mods), not best AI, but if I have to stick with just one this one always enjoys me ..I`ll never get easily bored like with AC, frustrated like with rF2, I`ll never miss GT like in GSC, or not play it cause of FFB like in R3E case ..

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

GTR 2
    A full and complete race sim.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. F1 2015 definitely. Such an awesome sim with dah best graphics, handling model, damage system, a sound penalty system which isn't faked up, awesome online with no lag, supah realistic with ZERO GLITCHES AND BUGS, it so was faking good at launch and the patches are making it so much better :thumbsup::whistling::x3::roflmao:

In all seriousness, probably Iracing. That's one of my dream games and with the driver rating system, you'll have some clean, fair racing. Cost is an issue but with no other racing sims to buy, it shouldn't be a problem :whistling:;)

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. GTR2 is a class act but as a historic car fan, the amazing variety of cars and sheer fun offered by GT Legends make it my choice.

7. rFactor 2 since ISI is the only sim company that does not compromise realism to please the masses.

The innovation, fidelity, accuracy and ground breaking features of rF2 is the reason I've raced it for at least a couple of hours every day for the last two years, and will continue to do so until... well, rFactor 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Benutzername

Benutzername
    Online Martini Racing - Founder and driver

Race07 Series+Expansions for me

9. iRacing, cause competition.

10. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

For me, an oldie but a goodie: GTL

11. Simulator just exist ONE, the other are GAMES...some good & other no so good :whistling:

12. Stock Car Extreme. Great physics, solid single player racing AI, and a wide selection of vehicles plus it has that elusive fun factor.

13. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

So some of the others not have that "elusive" fun factor then? I know GTR 2 does, as does Pcars, as does AC as does ..............well all of them are fun aren't they?

• Like Like x 1
  14. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

well that is strictly subjective :) I like AC but when I look at my time I`ve spent in that game (yep I had long break cause broken, now finaly fixed, FFB) it is suprisingly low (67 hours since few versions before RC, and few more hours before that) .. I still think it is good driving sim, but I just get bored by it so easily and I`m switching to GSC or other sims.
    pCars on the other hand I consider let say problematic in many aspects but when I`m playing I kind of have a fun and I can have several races in one day .. if you ask me which one is better, I would say AC eventhough I have much less fun in it :) not as easy question as it may seems .. I guess

15. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Man! just one huh, rFactor because of the wide selection of cars.

16. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium Member

rFactor 1. Mainly because there are so many cars and tracks around, and it still performs really well as a sim. Plus you don't need a top computer to get it to run at full settings.

17. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

Assetto Corsa.

Mainly, because of the game modes.

18. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

GSCE.
    stock content is fresh new air, FFB, mods, AI... and with the upcoming content and improvements it will only become more and more my sim #1.

Only time i choose other sims over GSCE is when i'm looking for public races, but after at latest 2 races i'm so sick of slammers and reckless drivers that i quit anyways...

I got 2 GT mods installed, you could too ;)

19. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

yep I tried all of them .. only GT Masters 2010 is somehow acceptable (if you survive terrible sounds) :)

20. GTR2