If rFactor 2 is unplayable on my system, will AC also be unplayable?

I've been looking forward to AC since I first heard of it. However, aside from my graphics card (nVidia GTX 560 Ti 1 gig) my system is pretty dated (Pentium D Dual 3.4ghz with 3gigs RAM, Win 7 32-bit)
Not wanting to drop money on a product I'd be unable to use, I decided to try out the rFactor 2 demo, thinking that would be a decent test of my system's ability to play the 'next gen' racing sims.
Well, that didn't go well at all. rFactor 2 was completely unplayable, even with everything on the lowest settings.
SO! My question is: Does this inherently mean that AC would also be unplayable on my system? I assume so, as the system specs for rFactor 2 are lower than they are for AC.
Thanks! :cool:

Well, I didn't buy AC while it was on sale. Just didn't feel comfortable buying something that I may well not be able to use. I'd rather save up for a new system.
Regarding new system, I'm certainly not going to upgrade this one any more. It would make MUCH more sense to get a new motherboard-CPU-RAM combo .. for many reasons, considering what I do with my machine.
Thanks everyone!! :)

I had to upgrade my system too to play AC. I had a 2.8 Ghz 2GB RAM 32-Bit Win XP and it wouldn't run because of the Windows but I rather built a whole new computer. The difference is I bought AC first and then found out the hard way that my PC wouldn't handle it well :D . I wish you patience Vaughn. It is totally worth the wait though.

I have Intel i5-2500k @ 4.7, 16 Gig of 1600mhz ram and two HD 7970's and I can run both games pretty much full on. Thing is though, I love racing in triple screen, and rF2 runs like a dog. Its strange as lower end stuff from nvidia's side run it better than what my system can.

Personally, i dont think theyve optimised rF2 very well at all, as its engine isnt all too much different from GMotor 2. Why they made such a dog to run is beyond me, as it can play and run beautifully at times.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 318 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%