If it's all about hotlapping...

I would totally take a feature that is present in a few other games already. When making laps in hotlap mode, the start position might not be ideal for entry speed or tire temperature, or it's actually just up to personal preference. It would be a nice addition for the mod to personalize the starting ("spawn") position of the car. It would help a lot of people, in my opinion.
It's been really frustrating me on Vallelunga for example, or Silverstone where the cars don't have enough time to build up heat, nor do they have enough entry speed to start a decent lap. Since hotlapping is the only way you can play the game now, and it will be so for a while in my opinion this should be implement without question.

What do you think? Is it any useful? Have you thought about this when having to reverse just so you get better entry speed or more heat on tires? Tell me your ideas.

I dont care, 1 outlap and the second is ok.
What if you screw up right at the beginning of the lap? You either have to do the whole rest of the loop (2 minutes of your life wasted - yes, some of us are impatient like that) or restart the session (hotlap mode) and deal with cold tyres.
i like start on pit lane, not in the middle of road :p
... so with an option like this you'd be able to spawn in the default spot - in the pitlane.

For hotlapping I recommend to try this AC application (“Corners Performance Analysis” http://bit.ly/1d2kpsW) which can help you to identify corners where you lost most of your time and need to improve.

gQG2hFb.jpg

Outlap and then timelap is just fine for me. If you don't have patience for that problem is somewhere else than in game imo.
As hotlapping is pretty much all you can do in the current state of the game, I might not have the patience to do a few wasted minutes, when all I want is a perfect lap at the end of the day. I'm all against hotlapping and am more of a racer pace style driver, but whenever I did hotlaps in LFS for instance, this option was available, and that was the way I got myself to hotlapping. Everyone is able to prepare the car on an outlap who is able to pull off a decent time, so why not allow an option like this for people who want to save time on the ruins of immersion. Also, having it as an OPTION means whoever wants to keep the immersive feeling of the game will be able to do so.

As hotlapping is pretty much all you can do in the current state of the game, I might not have the patience to do a few wasted minutes, when all I want is a perfect lap at the end of the day. I'm all against hotlapping and am more of a racer pace style driver, but whenever I did hotlaps in LFS for instance, this option was available, and that was the way I got myself to hotlapping. Everyone is able to prepare the car on an outlap who is able to pull off a decent time, so why not allow an option like this for people who want to save time on the ruins of immersion. Also, having it as an OPTION means whoever wants to keep the immersive feeling of the game will be able to do so.

I don't mind if that comes as an option at some point. But imo atm it would be a waste of time to add that as I'm sure Kunos have much more important things to do.

I'm not sure how complicated it is to implement into the current state of the game, but as the Hotlap mode already starts on a unique spawn location, I'm guessing it wouldn't take long to allow users to modify that location.

EDIT: Big pros for the community of RaceDeparmtnet, which I'm not a long member of for not disliking something they are against, rather pressing the Agree or Like beside the opinions they share. That's really valuable.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or you've seen my topic :p but I wrote about something very similar on the AC forums just after I'd gotten my hands on v0.1
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/hotlap-restart.2816/

Does anyone remember MotoGP URT 3? The practice mode in that game featured a cool little feature. You could literally move your bike to whichever point on the track you liked in just a matter of seconds, so you could practice a particular part of the track without having to do the whole rest.

EDIT: Big pros for the community of RaceDeparmtnet, which I'm not a long member of for not disliking something they are against, rather pressing the Agree or Like beside the opinions they share. That's really valuable.

How I see it is that we are not here crushing other people's opinions but more like stating our own. It's all about conversation. That's why I like RD. :)

I would totally take a feature that is present in a few other games already. When making laps in hotlap mode, the start position might not be ideal for entry speed or tire temperature, or it's actually just up to personal preference. It would be a nice addition for the mod to personalize the starting ("spawn") position of the car. It would help a lot of people, in my opinion.
It's been really frustrating me on Vallelunga for example, or Silverstone where the cars don't have enough time to build up heat, nor do they have enough entry speed to start a decent lap. Since hotlapping is the only way you can play the game now, and it will be so for a while in my opinion this should be implement without question.

What do you think? Is it any useful? Have you thought about this when having to reverse just so you get better entry speed or more heat on tires? Tell me your ideas.
I'm not sure why you are questioning the spawn point in hot-lapping mode. The whole point of hot-lapping is running multiple laps anyway.

Why does a spawn point a few corners from the start irk you so much?

Take Vallelunga for example. Where would you prefer your car to spawn in comparison to its current position?

I would place it right after the hairpin in last sector. When hotlapping with the Formula Abarth I always had to reverse, to get a good entry for the start of the lap. Also, that chicane builds up quite nice ammount of heat on the tires with 30 degrees of temperature, whereas spawning after the chicane as default doesn't really provide enough pace AND heat to begin a hotlap. Actually, my standpoint on hotlapping is making ONE perfect lap and my way of doing that is doing it in one lap, at least with the non-roadcars. Having the least possible ammount of fuel. The tire model doesn't favour doing a 3 lap sprint race out of hotlapping, so why would I do that, or keep on driving if I failed the first turn on instance?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back