If Alonso were to have Perez as a teammate next year...

What this has to do with HAM?

I like HAM, but in 2007 Ron Dennis and McLaren put him as nr 1 when they realized how good he was, and was too soon because despite him being a genious of driving, he was still a rookie.
I do recall the time in Monaco when the Mclaren team stopped Lewis from doing another flying lap at Monaco to appease Alonso. That was the moment when Hamilto stood up for himslf and said I am here to race toi win I will not accept to be traeted as a #2.
So it seems to me factually incorrect to assert that Hamilton was installed as #1. I mean Alonso was world champion and Hamilton a rookie.
It is my view that Alonso got upset that Hamilton got equal treatment. McLarens refusal to give Alonso #1 was the only "cultural difference" they had.
Alonso is very good, a genius driver in fact who can outdrive his car, but it would be hard to argue against the view that he is only comfortable when totally dominating his #2 and getting #1 support from his team. Mclaren denied him this and that is in my view the source of his angst. It cost them £100m as it was Alonso who blew the whistle in Spygate.

I don't think HAM is overrated, but McLaren completely screwed it in 2007 trying to make him win on his debut till the end, when if they would do normal with Alonso he would win the title with 5 races to go.

The team was against him and he was against the team, to the point he was happy to loose a WDC just if Hamilton and Dennis won't get it, he can't even avoid smiling in the press room :D
In my view it was Hamilton who cost himself the WDC (at China). He had a nice cushion but refused to play the numbers game deciding he wanted to win the WDC by winning races. It was that mentality that had him push too hard on canvas tyres and beach the car at the kitty litter.
The words in highlight if true are the act of a petulant child and a disgrace to him

I do recall the time in Monaco when the Mclaren team stopped Lewis from doing another flying lap at Monaco to appease Alonso. That was the moment when Hamilto stood up for himslf and said I am here to race toi win I will not accept to be traeted as a #2.
So it seems to me factually incorrect to assert that Hamilton was installed as #1. I mean Alonso was world champion and Hamilton a rookie.
It is my view that Alonso got upset that Hamilton got equal treatment. McLarens refusal to give Alonso #1 was the only "cultural difference" they had.
Alonso is very good, a genius driver in fact who can outdrive his car, but it would be hard to argue against the view that he is only comfortable when totally dominating his #2 and getting #1 support from his team. Mclaren denied him this and that is in my view the source of his angst. It cost them £100m as it was Alonso who blew the whistle in Spygate.

False.

Already explained the whole qualifying issue in 2007 that lead to Hungary disaster before.

In 2007 was possible for one of the drivers to do one more lap, and they did that alternatively.

You can use the search function.

In my view it was Hamilton who cost himself the WDC (at China). He had a nice cushion but refused to play the numbers game deciding he wanted to win the WDC by winning races. It was that mentality that had him push too hard on canvas tyres and beach the car at the kitty litter.
The words in highlight if true are the act of a petulant child and a disgrace to him

The words in highlight are normal unless you are hypocritical.

If you don't like somebody because its agains you, you don't want that person to succeed, that is common to all humans.

At least i don´t spit out random things without proof :)

Neither me.

The problem is you can't talk with a person that doesn't want to learn anything or know more, just wants to be right, and will deny anything or even disrespect just to have the sensation he is right.

Is not the first time I see it anyway, happens every second day on this forums, I don't feel it like it was personal against me :)

Enjoy.

The words in highlight are normal unless you are hypocritical.

If you don't like somebody because its agains you, you don't want that person to succeed, that is common to all humans.
When a human is paid say £8,000,000 per year they are expected to deliver at the best of their abilities. If they are so unhappy that they cannot do this then they need to leave. To deliberately lose or be happy at his teams loss is unnaceptable from a professional F1 driver.
I thought this type of thing couild only happen in the French Soccer team.

That he was happy to loose as long as Hamilton and Dennis don't get the title doesn't mean he won't want to win...

Means for him was not a drama to loose in 2007 because Hamilton also didn't win, and that's why he was quite happy to just loose a WDC and he was sure he won't be at the team next year. If Hamilton win instead Kimi, his face would be totally different, because McLaren would be happy, and at the time like he said in interviews he had zero confidence and attachment to the team.

Don't forguet he finished ahead of Hamilton in Brazil when they were fighting for WDC, so you can't doubt about his profesionalism, but in the interview I posted before, does he look like a devastated driver that lost the WDC by few points in the very last race? :laugh:

Pretty much is what Alonso fans felt here in Spain, while the few Ferrari fans at the time were (we were) celebrating Kimi's WDC, people were celebrating in the streets that Hamilton didn't win... and alonso haters here were pissed-off almost as much as they are now :)

The problem is you can't talk with a person that doesn't want to learn anything or know more, just wants to be right, and will deny anything or even disrespect just to have the sensation he is right.
And the problem with you is you simply don´t want to face the real facts.
It´s not about being wrong or right for me. It´s about the facts being correct.

Saying that Hamilton was favored or Ron Dennis did not want Alonso to win is propaganda made up by you. There´s no facts involved in that statement.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back