IER Car Pack #1 - USCC Mod

Cars IER Car Pack #1 - USCC Mod 1.22

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just curious as to what the optimum tyre temperature range for the Oreca is? I seem to be really struggling to get any kind of decent temperature in them. I think the max I've hit is like 75C through Pouhon.
The LMPC and Prototype classes use the same tires (both IRL and in the sim), but the tires are made for DP loads, not LMP/LMPC loads, so you won't get temps that are as high in the Oreca (or probably traditional LMP2s). Optimum is 65-80C (which I'll be changing for the next update - just so that the range is a little smaller e.g. 70-80), while the optimum pressure is 30 psi. For our tires, I'd worry more about the pressure than the temps, since you can't really do much about the latter (track conditions play the biggest factor), but the former is easily adjustable - also that our tires don't really drop off a ton when you're only 5C under/over optimum range.

Also, just a general note on appropriate tire use:
TL;DR - Use Black tires except on tracks with very high speeds or high loads (Daytona, Indy, Watkins Glen, etc)
The "Black" tires are effectively a single stint tire used at most tracks. The "Gold" tires (which I haven't worked with much), should last about the same time -I don't think they currently do in the sim-, but are made for higher loads and speeds (for tracks like Daytona, Indy, Watkins Glen), thus they have a slightly different construction - you can actually visually tell because the ride height will change by a few mm when switching compounds. The Black tires have a softer construction but a stiffer spring rate IRL, the spring rates should be more or less correct, but I haven't worked on the "construction" of the Golds extensively yet.

Just as another note; the temperatures currently (and for the foreseeable future), aren't 100% accurate to real life because Kunos doesn't have a parameter than can vary pressure gain with temperature in their tires....so we'll have to live with that until they fix it. (that said, you just end up with incorrect #s, the actual behavior is effectively the same)

So what are you saying is wrong with it?

I think he's saying that that for those of us with a G27, we have to tweak the settings massively to get any feel of the car / wheels.

Imagine you had no FFB motor - well, that's what it feels like to drive the Oreca. you can drive it / turn the wheel with a feather and i'm pretty sure in real life it ain't like that !!

From that extent, something is not quite right (for the G27 users) - If the fix is to push the FFB in the car settings to 190% then that's the fix (and perhaps you can make that better known for those Logitech users), but for me it's indicative of something being wrong elsewhere.

This isn't a blame game - it's feedback for you :)

I think he's saying that that for those of us with a G27, we have to tweak the settings massively to get any feel of the car / wheels.

Imagine you had no FFB motor - well, that's what it feels like to drive the Oreca. you can drive it / turn the wheel with a feather and i'm pretty sure in real life it ain't like that !!

From that extent, something is not quite right (for the G27 users) - If the fix is to push the FFB in the car settings to 190% then that's the fix (and perhaps you can make that better known for those Logitech users), but for me it's indicative of something being wrong elsewhere.

This isn't a blame game - it's feedback for you :)
We have control over 1 setting regarding FFB torque. Which is a simple multiplier. This multiplier is currently correctly based on a CSW @ 80% torque in the AC overall settings. That's all we can tweak regarding FFB, it's just how it is.

Fair enough - it is what it is !! Would just mention somewhere to logitech owners what the "fix / workaround" is for them to get some feeling.
You might just be feeling what you're supposed to be feeling. The car's steering weight is about 40% of the Corvette, we had to reduce the FFB multiplier to 30% of what it was for the real driver to get the correct feeling from it...so I'm thinking that people just aren't used to steering this light, and since it's so unnatural (when I first was told the steering weight IRL was this light I didn't believe them), the human reaction is to think that something's wrong. That said, I don't have the wheel, so I can't really tell. Best bet is to probably set it to a 130% multiplier (or thereabouts) and leave it there (to compensate for wheel torque and overall FFB multiplier).

You might just be feeling what you're supposed to be feeling. The car's steering weight is about 40% of the Corvette, we had to reduce the FFB multiplier to 30% of what it was for the real driver to get the correct feeling from it...so I'm thinking that people just aren't used to steering this light, and since it's so unnatural (when I first was told the steering weight IRL was this light I didn't believe them), the human reaction is to think that something's wrong. That said, I don't have the wheel, so I can't really tell. Best bet is to probably set it to a 130% multiplier (or thereabouts) and leave it there (to compensate for wheel torque and overall FFB multiplier).
You should have stated that at the beginning :)
If it's supposed to have light steering then everything is ok.

its friday time for 2d templates (or not)
Would you mind being less annoying about it....the people that work on this have lives, we can't devote every second of every day to serving people on the internet for free. So please, have some patience.

You should have stated that at the beginning :)
If it's supposed to have light steering then everything is ok.
If you had read the release notes... :p "-Verification of handling accuracy through tests done by a driver of the real car (so don't complain about the light steering, that's how it is the real thing)"

Would you mind being less annoying about it....the people that work on this have lives, we can't devote every second of every day to serving people on the internet for free. So please, have some patience.

If you had read the release notes... :p "-Verification of handling accuracy through tests done by a driver of the real car (so don't complain about the light steering, that's how it is the real thing)"

Ok, I get it- we are too stupid for Your mod.

Taking this aside You say it's "handling accuracy through tests done by a driver of the real car" yet all You have is CSW. Accept one thing, results on other wheels may be different.
You don't want any feedback- ok, that's all from me.

Still nice mod, thanks for Your effort.

I know i was thinking, post reply or not? Ok ill wait take your time

Thanks very much. The cars are fantastic to drive but ..... the whole game becomes VERY laggy with a full grid. It's not my gamesettings. There are no problems with the AC cars with full grids.
Hope that can be fixed, or we can't race big fields.

@mclarenf1papa

Given that the Oreca is gonna be updated to modern specs, would it be a far-fetched hope that perhaps also the Porsche at a later stage might get a decent power upgrade to work with other GT3 cars?

I realize the approach has always been to simulate the old GTD specs and a power output & physics aero update to an old GTD-spec Porsche wouldn't be very true to its visual nature (less aero etc), so I suppose the answer is still that it's going to remain an older GTD spec car - which would be totally fine of course. :thumbsup:

Just thought I give this question a GO once again now that the Oreca is supposed to get a modern package. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back