Ideas & suggestions

By knowing that Sector 3 Studios (Simbin) is reading the RD forum, i was thinking of making a thread to collect little ideas and suggestions to improve things in R3E. This thread is not intended to be a discussion-thread, neither a wishlist.

So just post your ideas (preferred with concrete suggestions and examples). Big discussions aren't necessary. Give a rating to the posted idea, and this should be enough to tell your opinion about it.

Last edited:
-when you restart you go back to the main pre race screen (with car setup) in case you want to alter your setup without going all the way back to menu.

-Move the new tyre data hud to the left as it block some cars rear mirror;.

the more i start r3e the more the UI bugs me - it's laggy (every button seem to be connected to the internet), most cases a button must be pressed several times to react (e.g. exit button in white menu).

bugs me aswell : after several sessions i need to go way back to green menu to delete the unwanted replays.

For the love of god... you've solved everything except this one gigantic pet peeve of mine: please make the game sense what car i chose and adjust the wheel animation accordingly. This is literally the only one, the singled out, the lone problem i have left with this game. The content? check. The physics & ffb? Check. Graphics and optimization? Check. This actually small but gigantic to me issue? Unchecked...

For the love of god... you've solved everything except this one gigantic pet peeve of mine: please make the game sense what car i chose and adjust the wheel animation accordingly. This is literally the only one, the singled out, the lone problem i have left with this game. The content? check. The physics & ffb? Check. Graphics and optimization? Check. This actually small but gigantic to me issue? Unchecked...

Put in setting 540 instead of 900 if u're playing wttc or gt cars

1. Why is such a simple task so hard for you?
2. Why do i have to give up on my visible wheel? Isn't it there for me to see? What car in real life only turns for 540 degrees while putting out 900 degrees of steering. Isn't this a "sim"? :) Why me, a customer, has to disable an important part of the visual?

@duko it's very painful to constantly change wheel animation if you like zakspeed capri and sls amg gt3 equally.

1. Why is such a simple task so hard for you?
2. Why do i have to give up on my visible wheel? Isn't it there for me to see? What car in real life only turns for 540 degrees while putting out 900 degrees of steering. Isn't this a "sim"? :) Why me, a customer, has to disable an important part of the visual?

@duko it's very painful to constantly change wheel animation if you like zakspeed capri and sls amg gt3 equally.
Cause the game isn't finished yet they have to update cars, tracks, the ai and add and improve the basic mechanics behind racing like pit stops, damage and penalty's so shut up about your stupid wheel rotation that takes you 20 seconds to change and let them get on with making the game.

i was just joking , (lttle smiley next to my name) wasnt meant to be flippant , i never use it as i find it unrealistic i have a wheelin my hand that is 60odd centimetres fropm my screen so i see mly hand and wheel all the time n, its in the right place and its visually correct , adding another steering wheel just bugs me and looks wrong , thats why i suggest everyone who has a wheel trys it that way ..;

as for the update you need , as many people have said its a beta , things gert worked on and eventually im sure it will happen

Andi

i was just joking , (lttle smiley next to my name) wasnt meant to be flippant , i never use it as i find it unrealistic i have a wheelin my hand that is 60odd centimetres fropm my screen so i see mly hand and wheel all the time n, its in the right place and its visually correct , adding another steering wheel just bugs me and looks wrong , thats why i suggest everyone who has a wheel trys it that way ..;

as for the update you need , as many people have said its a beta , things gert worked on and eventually im sure it will happen

Andi

I wouldn't bring it to the table if you guys didn't :) Back when you updated each car to have its own real life steering ratio, that's when this issue has risen. Before that, every car was fixed so animation was fixed too. So when this issue came forth, naturally some people(including me) started tiny riots :D AND, i forgot who, someone from sector3 said "they're aware and working on it" jay or sonat or someone else i don't remember. I was just wondering when that update will come since it's been nearly 2 months since it's been promised. But fair enough. Yes this is still beta...

... i never use it as i find it unrealistic i have a wheelin my hand that is 60odd centimetres fropm my screen so i see mly hand and wheel all the time n, its in the right place and its visually correct , adding another steering wheel just bugs me and looks wrong , thats why i suggest everyone who has a wheel trys it that way ...

I'd like to see the vehicle options moved or duplicated so we can change them in car, loads of times I have forgotten to change the wheels visual degrees from 900 to 540 etc. Now I know a lot of people just don't display the wheel, and that's fine, but a lot of people do want to see the wheel. I personally like to se the wheel because a lot of the cars have such cool looking wheels (M4 DMT for e.g. Hansel! So hot right now.) The way I'm sort of getting around this is by changing each car as I use it to 900 and guessing the wheel lock. Is there a chart somewhere that gives you the correlating locks between degrees? e.g. 540/23 = 900/x vs 540/24 = 900/x etc. Most of the time I'm defaulting to 900/30 but it's probably wrong for some of the cars like the Judds.

Curiously since the automatic wheel rotation feature is in the game, i'm never in the need to tweak the wheel rotation settings in R3E. I'm using always the automatic setting and it all works as it should incl. softstop on my wheel. And regarding rotation angle all cars i've tried feel right. BTW i'm using a Fanatec GT3RS.

The visual wheel is synced to the wheel in my hands, but yes .... it actually doesn't turn the full degrees because of the limited hand animations. But it doesn't bothers me, because i'm driving with the seat quite forward in a more "windscreen-cam-view" and therefore the virtual wheel is almost non-visible.

Nevertheless i have to point out, with Oculus Rift becoming more and more relevant in SimRacing, it's necessary to have the virtual wheel incl. hands fully animated ..... someday.;)

Before I forgot... would it be possible to have the chance to add AI cars when we'll be able to setup our dedicated servers? One feature I loved the most from Race 07 was the chance to run with a couple of friends and not to feel alone on the track in case one is faster/slower than the others... plus I really like R3E AI!!

A spotter voice have been mentioned several times before, and thought I mention it again. :)
Not only for telling when a crash is up ahead, or a car is beside me this time.
But would also help in terms of penalties.

I like to keep it real, so I use Stop & go penalties and black flag.
The problem is that when you are deep emerged into the game, it's hard to detect the small cut track or you have to serve a penalty messages.. . (in the same time I don't want a big sign appearing on the screen either)

I have several times got stop & go penalties cause I haven't been aware of when and where I've cut a corner.
And was also just disqualified cause I didn't notice that I needed to serve a penalty..

This is where a spotter would come in handy!! :thumbsup:
Reading messages is a big distraction when driving, especially if you're in a tight spot.. :barefoot::geek::confused::x3::(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back