Idea!!!

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
Back in the days of the black mighty xbox, me and my friends used to run a weekly time trial on PGR2. The first track was picked and whoever was the fastest at the end of the week picked a car to run for the following week. And whoever finished last picked a track for the following week. We were doing this for years.

Do we have enough interest for such an event? Its all offline. And its all about trust. Default setup except:

Steering lock
Brake Bias

If you guys are interested I'll setup a table with laptimes. A deadline will exist to submit your times. We could run this for as long as you guys want. All are welcome.

Discuss :skywalker:

• Ariff Roose

haha brilliant idea. i hope i can join.
but setup-wise i think all setups would be original because i really dont understand much of what theyre trying to say. Haha. well hope this goes on!

Great idea!

I'd also like to change settings. Would be hard for me to drive a car and and than stuck at some limit by knowing there's more possible by tweaking some things here and there.

But no matter what the decision is, i think i'm able to compete fair...:skywalker:

Good idea. I'm in favor of the changeable setups. There's no way to really monitor if anybody has done at least little something to setups and the slightest hint of cheating destroys the whole format. Plus i really do need to make certain changes to compensate my poor controller. So not an objective opinion but opinion none the less.

Slowest one picks the track.. so i'll be the Track Master!!

Eric, that is great m8. I can then take the times and allocate overall points accumulated per driver (Unless you have a better way of keeping score). Could turn this into a time trial league without commitments lol.

Guys we need to come up with a points system....keep your suggestions coming guys.

Eric, that is great m8. I can then take the times and allocate overall points accumulated per driver (Unless you have a better way of keeping score). Could turn this into a time trial league without commitments lol.

Guys we need to come up with a points system....keep your suggestions coming guys.

I will have it all automated...

Anyone knows Flash pretty well. I need a small app and I just dont have enough time in a day to write it myself:(

Take F1 points system. In the end of a periode when submitting of lap times ends the points are given from 1st to 8th and then a new periode starts.

How will you check if the lap times (at least the best 8) are valid? Should everyone upload the hotlap replay?

Which type of session will be used? Because grip is different! I'd suggest only test day or only time attack...

Take F1 points system. In the end of a periode when submitting of lap times ends the points are given from 1st to 8th and then a new periode starts.

How will you check if the lap times (at least the best 8) are valid? Should everyone upload the hotlap replay?

Which type of session will be used? Because grip is different! I'd suggest only test day or only time attack...

Now you are making it way too serious.... If someone wants to cheat in a friendly game that is their loss...

I will setup a online server for that. No need to worry about any of the other details (and we will also have all the replays).

Personally I think it would be better if we scored the points like this:

8th (or whatever you pick) gets 1 point then everyone else get's a point for every tenth of a second faster they are.

So if 1st place was 2 seconds faster than 8th, he would get 20 points. Would make more sense in something like this to me.

The numbers are just an example of course, but if we use a system like that I think it would be better :)

Jamie that would be very complex. What I had in mind is a points system that encourages drivers to keep posting times. If you miss or dont submit your time before the deadline then the points lost cost you more. It will be a competition at the end of the day wether its got no strict commitments like a proper league. Its all upto you the racers to submit times. Get points and stay top of the leaderboard. Miss out a few of the trials and those points dwindle.

Also if someone wants to race each other with a specific car then that gives u that extra ummph to try to be the fastest, so you can pick the car you wanted. The opposite for the slowest. Might work aswell if that person wants a track so badly to race others in time trials.

Slowest one picks the track.. so i'll be the Track Master!!

I may have something to say about that ;)

Anyone knows Flash pretty well. I need a small app and I just dont have enough time in a day to write it myself:(

I'm a PHP man myself, not flash..otherwise id volunteer to help with coding...

Setups - changeable is best, could be a learning curve for some of us, different combo of cars and tracks, a challenge for everyone to get it right, and setups can be shared.

:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 164 7.9%
  • < 5 years